Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

AudiConnect Free Features - Does this clear things up?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2019, 06:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The licenses for all the free features that Audi now provides (Vehicle Status, Remote Lock/Unlock, Car Finder) have an expiration date of 09/23/2026. I hope it is true.
Old 03-08-2019, 06:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Car Finder is also active, you can now see Your location and Car location in the Maps.
Old 03-08-2019, 01:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine didn’t activate today, anything I need to do on my end so it works? I never renewed after the original plan expired.
Old 03-08-2019, 01:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish this was working for me. Today I got an email from myAudi saying I have deleted one of the vehicles in my account and are no longer a key user so I can no longer access Audi connect services for the vehicle. The myAudi app says I need the 10 digit code that was on the key two years ago when I bought the car. This is so aggravating because I didn’t delete any account and I can’t find the 10 digit code because the salesman never gave that to me since he activated all this stuff for me without my permission before I ever took delivery. How do I get this code? Is there somewhere else I can find it? Or do I need to take it to the dealer?
Old 03-08-2019, 02:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by TDI Brad
I wish this was working for me. Today I got an email from myAudi saying I have deleted one of the vehicles in my account and are no longer a key user so I can no longer access Audi connect services for the vehicle. The myAudi app says I need the 10 digit code that was on the key two years ago when I bought the car. This is so aggravating because I didn’t delete any account and I can’t find the 10 digit code because the salesman never gave that to me since he activated all this stuff for me without my permission before I ever took delivery. How do I get this code? Is there somewhere else I can find it? Or do I need to take it to the dealer?
funny you say this, after the dealer activated my car the dude was about to throw it away, I told him to give it to me so it’s in my glove box. I’ll play with it.
Old 03-08-2019, 02:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PROEDGEBIKER.COM

funny you say this, after the dealer activated my car the dude was about to throw it away, I told him to give it to me so it’s in my glove box. I’ll play with it.
I actually just found the tag with code on it shoved down in the pouch with the user manual. I’ve looked at that manual a handful of times and have never seen it, I also found my window sticker which I hadn’t ever seen. I did try to enter the code under the Audi connect menu but didn’t have any luck. I don’t do well writing on the touch pad so I’m not certain I got it entered correctly. I have trouble with the following digits O and 0, g and 9, G and 6, Z and 2 and so an alphanumeric code don’t work well for me. I have to go in for service and a fuel rail recall next week so I will get the dealer to sort it out.
Old 03-08-2019, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by TDI Brad

I actually just found the tag with code on it shoved down in the pouch with the user manual. I’ve looked at that manual a handful of times and have never seen it, I also found my window sticker which I hadn’t ever seen. I did try to enter the code under the Audi connect menu but didn’t have any luck. I don’t do well writing on the touch pad so I’m not certain I got it entered correctly. I have trouble with the following digits O and 0, g and 9, G and 6, Z and 2 and so an alphanumeric code don’t work well for me. I have to go in for service and a fuel rail recall next week so I will get the dealer to sort it out.
just got back and it didn’t take any of my codes. The plastic alone has 3 different ones. Tried all along with my email as user name and they didn’t take. Logged into app and there is a Audi PIN number in there too which also didn’t work. I have 6 tries left so I stopped and called Audi connect. The lady was pretty much lost but did say that they are running into issues and hope to get it all sorted out by the end of March. We too have a dealer app coming soon for oil and recall so I will see if they can do anything.
Old 03-08-2019, 05:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Mine didn’t activate today, anything I need to do on my end so it works? I never renewed after the original plan expired.
Make sure you are using the new myAudi app (or login to https://www.audiusa.com/myaudi/overview and then click on "Audi connect services and Key User registration"). If you are already logged in to app, log out and log back in. As long as you are the key user on the car, you should see those services, like remote unlock etc.

This is also from their Audi Connect User management page:
This is how it works:
Enter your personal information and agree to the general terms & conditions and the data privacy policy. Print your key user contract and contact your dealer. Your Audi partner will then verify your myAudi Account by using your contract number as a one-off process. This will enable you to assign yourself as key user of vehicles.

They also enabled biometric when you request Lock or Unlock from the app, it used to be just PIN. But, I am not able to enable it due to some error pops up that it cannot save biometric information. Hopefully they will fix it on another update.
Old 03-08-2019, 05:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by lapi
Make sure you are using the new myAudi app (or login to https://www.audiusa.com/myaudi/overview and then click on "Audi connect services and Key User registration"). If you are already logged in to app, log out and log back in. As long as you are the key user on the car, you should see those services, like remote unlock etc.

This is also from their Audi Connect User management page:[B]

They also enabled biometric when you request Lock or Unlock from the app, it used to be just PIN. But, I am not able to enable it due to some error pops up that it cannot save biometric information. Hopefully they will fix it on another update.
yup, been using the new app
Old 03-09-2019, 06:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Make sure you have the latest myAudi app downloaded, and not the one you had when you had the free trial. Its chnaged

Quick Reply: AudiConnect Free Features - Does this clear things up?