Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

AudiConnect Free Features - Does this clear things up?

Old 03-11-2019, 12:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AlbertQ7
Thanks... what does "Destination Entry via Google Maps" mean? Is there a way to get a destination from Google Maps to show up in the native car nav?!? (NOT using CarPlay or similar app with phone plugged in). If so, that would be great.
It means you can use google maps to enter your destination and then send it to the car. Per the services in myaudi, this is an available service even though the audi connect subscription is expired. However, google has trouble sending it to the car more often than not.

Other subject: I have car finder in myaudi on the website from my computer, but I don't have it in the myaudi app on the phone. Only Stolen Vehicle service shows up (other than vehicle status and lock / unlock function. Am I missing something?
Old 03-11-2019, 12:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by dbull
It means you can use google maps to enter your destination and then send it to the car. Per the services in myaudi, this is an available service even though the audi connect subscription is expired. However, google has trouble sending it to the car more often than not.
Fascinating! It's not explicitly spelled out on the Audi Connect website as a feature in any specific bucket, but I assumed that all Google-related features would be part of the Connect Prime subscription. Sure enough, it shows up as "Service Enabled" for me at audiusa.com/myaudi. I found it to be pretty slow and unreliable when I tried it during the 6-month trial, but I'll play with it again when I get the chance. Thanks for pointing it out.
Old 03-11-2019, 12:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by dbull
Other subject: I have car finder in myaudi on the website from my computer, but I don't have it in the myaudi app on the phone. Only Stolen Vehicle service shows up (other than vehicle status and lock / unlock function. Am I missing something?
Have you tried the "tab" at the bottom of the screen? Its the one with the location icon
Old 03-11-2019, 01:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigKutta
Have you tried the "tab" at the bottom of the screen? Its the one with the location icon
Ah so! that worked.

Thanks