AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q7 MKII Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/)
-   -   Availability of discounted AudiCare contract? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/availability-discounted-audicare-contract-2898402/)

pagla6 04-01-2016 03:29 PM

Availability of discounted AudiCare contract?

Wanted to see if anyone has been able to get AudiCare at discounted prices?
Many Forums have dealer reps. providing info about their discounts.

I have always bought all maintainence warranties through the forums (BMW, MB, Porsche, Scion) at substantial savings.

snagitseven 04-01-2016 03:45 PM

The Audi Care scheduled maintenance plan (it's not a warranty) profit to the dealer is small - no more than 10%. Therefore, getting a discount is tough to find. Also, AC can only be purchased through an Audi dealer. Those that claim they got it for free or heavily discounted at time of car purchase, theoretically could have negotiated a further discount on the car equivalent to the AC cost without it. There are no free rides here.

pagla6 04-01-2016 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by snagitseven (Post 24795070)
The Audi Care scheduled maintenance plan (it's not a warranty) profit to the dealer is small - no more than 10%. Therefore, getting a discount is tough to find. Also, AC can only be purchased through an Audi dealer. Those that claim they got it for free or heavily discounted at time of car purchase, theoretically could have negotiated a further discount on the car equivalent to the AC cost without it. There are no free rides here.

Thanks.

From current or prior users of AudiCare, any thoughts on whether it is worthwhile or a reasonable deal for a 48M, 10K/Yr Lease (quoted $849 +tax).

termite 04-01-2016 04:27 PM

Dealer gave it to me for free when I bought the car.....

snagitseven 04-01-2016 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by pagla6 (Post 24795079)
Thanks.

From current or prior users of AudiCare, any thoughts on whether it is worthwhile or a reasonable deal for a 48M, 10K/Yr Lease (quoted $849 +tax).

The standard Audi Care is for the four scheduled services as outlined in your manual to 45K miles. That's the one for $849. Audi offers other Audi care Select options after 45K mi but they are very expensive and IMO are not as good a value as the standard AC.

Take a look at this analysis:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-...lysis-2822453/

You can wait to buy AC at your 15K service since the 5K/6 months service is free. Then as of your 15K mi service AC will cover that one and the next three every 10K mi or12 months thereafter whichever comes first.

zekeman 04-01-2016 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by snagitseven (Post 24795108)

You can wait to buy AC at your 15K service since the 5K/6 months service is free. Then as of your 15K mi service AC will cover that one and the next three every 10K mi or12 months thereafter whichever comes first.

Called my dealer today to schedule my 5K service and was told it is no longer done at 5K, it's now 10K.

RickObe 04-02-2016 06:20 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by zekeman (Post 24795149)
Called my dealer today to schedule my 5K service and was told it is no longer done at 5K, it's now 10K.

Yes, see attached.

snagitseven 04-02-2016 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by zekeman (Post 24795149)

Well, it looks like since under the new schedule, the 10K miles service is free, Audi Care begins at 20K miles (or two year whichever comes first) and can be deferred until then for purchase. (Although, it could be a bit more or less expensive at that time).

Unlike some, I always felt that there was no need to do an oil change before 5K mi on a new engine, now that the first service is 10K mi instead, I would probably pay for an oil change at 5K.

RickObe 04-02-2016 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by snagitseven (Post 24795288)
Well, it looks like since under the new schedule, the 10K miles service is free, Audi Care begins at 20K miles (or two year whichever comes first) and can be deferred until then for purchase. (Although, it could be a bit more or less expensive at that time).

Unlike some, I always felt that there was no need to do an oil change before 5K mi on a new engine, now that the first service is 10K mi instead, I would probably pay for an oil change at 5K.

I agree and think I'll do the extra oil change too. And did you notice that it says that tire rotation is no longer included in the first service. If that means the tires don't get rotated until 20k, I'll be paying for an early one of that too. (Thinking that tire rotation may be even more important with the four wheel steering option that mine will have.)

snagitseven 04-02-2016 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by RickObe (Post 24795289)
I agree and think I'll do the extra oil change too. And did you notice that it says that tire rotation is no longer included in the first service. If that means the tires don't get rotated until 20k, I'll be paying for an early one of that too. (Thinking that tire rotation may be even more important with the four wheel steering option that mine will have.)

I never felt that rotating the tires at only 5K made much sense anyway. Every 10K miles is about right.