Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi Q3 /Q5 / Q7 / Q8 > Audi Q7 > Q7 MKII Discussion
Reload this Page >

Availability of discounted AudiCare contract?

Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Availability of discounted AudiCare contract?

Old 04-01-2016, 03:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Availability of discounted AudiCare contract?

Wanted to see if anyone has been able to get AudiCare at discounted prices?
Many Forums have dealer reps. providing info about their discounts.

I have always bought all maintainence warranties through the forums (BMW, MB, Porsche, Scion) at substantial savings.
Old 04-01-2016, 03:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

The Audi Care scheduled maintenance plan (it's not a warranty) profit to the dealer is small - no more than 10%. Therefore, getting a discount is tough to find. Also, AC can only be purchased through an Audi dealer. Those that claim they got it for free or heavily discounted at time of car purchase, theoretically could have negotiated a further discount on the car equivalent to the AC cost without it. There are no free rides here.
Old 04-01-2016, 04:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven View Post
The Audi Care scheduled maintenance plan (it's not a warranty) profit to the dealer is small - no more than 10%. Therefore, getting a discount is tough to find. Also, AC can only be purchased through an Audi dealer. Those that claim they got it for free or heavily discounted at time of car purchase, theoretically could have negotiated a further discount on the car equivalent to the AC cost without it. There are no free rides here.
Thanks.

From current or prior users of AudiCare, any thoughts on whether it is worthwhile or a reasonable deal for a 48M, 10K/Yr Lease (quoted $849 +tax).
Old 04-01-2016, 04:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Dealer gave it to me for free when I bought the car.....
Old 04-01-2016, 06:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by pagla6 View Post
Thanks.

From current or prior users of AudiCare, any thoughts on whether it is worthwhile or a reasonable deal for a 48M, 10K/Yr Lease (quoted $849 +tax).
The standard Audi Care is for the four scheduled services as outlined in your manual to 45K miles. That's the one for $849. Audi offers other Audi care Select options after 45K mi but they are very expensive and IMO are not as good a value as the standard AC.

Take a look at this analysis:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-...lysis-2822453/

You can wait to buy AC at your 15K service since the 5K/6 months service is free. Then as of your 15K mi service AC will cover that one and the next three every 10K mi or12 months thereafter whichever comes first.
Old 04-01-2016, 08:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

You can wait to buy AC at your 15K service since the 5K/6 months service is free. Then as of your 15K mi service AC will cover that one and the next three every 10K mi or12 months thereafter whichever comes first.
Called my dealer today to schedule my 5K service and was told it is no longer done at 5K, it's now 10K.
Old 04-02-2016, 06:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by zekeman View Post
Called my dealer today to schedule my 5K service and was told it is no longer done at 5K, it's now 10K.
Yes, see attached.
Attached Images   
Old 04-02-2016, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by zekeman View Post
Well, it looks like since under the new schedule, the 10K miles service is free, Audi Care begins at 20K miles (or two year whichever comes first) and can be deferred until then for purchase. (Although, it could be a bit more or less expensive at that time).

Unlike some, I always felt that there was no need to do an oil change before 5K mi on a new engine, now that the first service is 10K mi instead, I would probably pay for an oil change at 5K.
Old 04-02-2016, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Well, it looks like since under the new schedule, the 10K miles service is free, Audi Care begins at 20K miles (or two year whichever comes first) and can be deferred until then for purchase. (Although, it could be a bit more or less expensive at that time).

Unlike some, I always felt that there was no need to do an oil change before 5K mi on a new engine, now that the first service is 10K mi instead, I would probably pay for an oil change at 5K.
I agree and think I'll do the extra oil change too. And did you notice that it says that tire rotation is no longer included in the first service. If that means the tires don't get rotated until 20k, I'll be paying for an early one of that too. (Thinking that tire rotation may be even more important with the four wheel steering option that mine will have.)
Old 04-02-2016, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by RickObe View Post
I agree and think I'll do the extra oil change too. And did you notice that it says that tire rotation is no longer included in the first service. If that means the tires don't get rotated until 20k, I'll be paying for an early one of that too. (Thinking that tire rotation may be even more important with the four wheel steering option that mine will have.)

I never felt that rotating the tires at only 5K made much sense anyway. Every 10K miles is about right.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Availability of discounted AudiCare contract?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: