AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q7 MKII Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/)
-   -   B&O subwoofer not working (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/b-o-subwoofer-not-working-2921228/)

sjq7 05-26-2017 12:37 PM

B&O subwoofer not working

2 Attachment(s)
I recently noticed B&O subwoofer has no effect on the sound and when I connect CarPlay this feature is greyed out with message - This source is not available with this media source., this was perfectly working before. Anyone with B&O issues.

itiongo 05-26-2017 12:58 PM

The B&O subwoofer is quite powerful. If you are thumping a mad bass song, the plastic cover that covers the subwoofer should be rattling like crazy. I think it might be time to use that warranty. It looks like something is broken on sound system.

VxF 05-26-2017 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by sjq7 (Post 24975030)
I recently noticed B&O subwoofer has no effect on the sound and when I connect CarPlay this feature is greyed out with message - This source is not available with this media source., this was perfectly working before. Anyone with B&O issues.

Are you sure it's not working? I thought that meant that you cannot regulate the level/adjust settings. Not that the subwoofer itself was "off" when using CarPlay.

sjq7 05-26-2017 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by VxF (Post 24975144)
Are you sure it's not working? I thought that meant that you cannot regulate the level/adjust settings. Not that the subwoofer itself was "off" when using CarPlay.

No, the pictures might be misleading but the actual problem is that the sound does not have any effect even if I turn to max or min settings. I remember the door grille vibration even at 25%. I have a appointment for June 7th, hopefully this would be resolved.
Anyone with B&O facing similar issues or any other concerns.

BKblue 12-04-2018 02:55 AM

I’m actually having the same issue on a b9 sport back.
Adjusting the sub control from min all the way to max makes no difference. What was your outcome from the service appointment?

AccordingToAlex 06-14-2021 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by BKblue (Post 25244283)
I’m actually having the same issue on a b9 sport back.
Adjusting the sub control from min all the way to max makes no difference. What was your outcome from the service appointment?

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but did you ever find a solution to this? Just noticed this now on my 2019 Sportback..

dr. yds 05-02-2022 06:40 PM

Hi I have an 2017 A4 Technik S-line with B&O. I too remember the subwoofer grill vibrate with the volume around 20-25%, I remember this very vividly as I had been to the Audi dealership for the vibrating grill to which they said needs to ass a foam piece & charged me $90 which did not make any difference, sadly, after that I revisited to tell them they ripped me off & to which they said even they were not sure if adding foam would solve the issue but they cannot refund me. Anyway, but one day all of a sudden I had to raise the volume to around 50% to get the music loud enough which was very strange so I checked my phone audio settings & even the Audi sound settings which was all as it was earlier.

When I change the fader to 100% rear bias the sound is still very low & somewhat muffled.

Any lead on this would help.

meesh924 07-23-2023 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by AccordingToAlex (Post 25598915)
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but did you ever find a solution to this? Just noticed this now on my 2019 Sportback..

did you ever find a fix? I also
have a 2019 sport back with the same issue now