Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Back seat baby mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2019, 07:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Back seat baby mirrors

Which rear headrest mirrors have you had success with for rear-facing babies in your Q7?

I started with the
Brica Brica
- it fits, and has decently attractive design as these things go, but attaches loosely and slips out of alignment.

Then I tried the
Joybell Joybell
- the attachment mechanism looks more secure but I couldn't make it fit as there isn't enough exposed headrest post in the back seat of the Q to accommodate the clamp.

Ideally, I want something that attaches securely and stays in place; is relatively soft in case it does detach; and hopefully isn't a total eyesore. Is that an impossible set of requirements? There is also an Audi OEM "Babyspiegel" that seems to be available only in Europe - is it worth trying to get one off eBay (I am in the US)

Thanks!
Old 03-01-2019, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BabyCam

I went with Garmim’s baby cam instead.
Old 03-01-2019, 08:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmokitty
Which rear headrest mirrors have you had success with for rear-facing babies in your Q7?

I started with the Brica - it fits, and has decently attractive design as these things go, but attaches loosely and slips out of alignment.

Then I tried the Joybell - the attachment mechanism looks more secure but I couldn't make it fit as there isn't enough exposed headrest post in the back seat of the Q to accommodate the clamp.

Ideally, I want something that attaches securely and stays in place; is relatively soft in case it does detach; and hopefully isn't a total eyesore. Is that an impossible set of requirements? There is also an Audi OEM "Babyspiegel" that seems to be available only in Europe - is it worth trying to get one off eBay (I am in the US)

Thanks!
got some wide one from Burlington, looks like a widescreen TV
Old 03-06-2019, 05:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

My wife put something in there, I'm not sure what it is but it sucks. I guess I could find out if anyone wants to know what to avoid.