Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Bang & Olufsen sound system not work

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2019, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bang & Olufsen sound system not work

My audi q7 has bang and olufsen sound system, so it doesn't sound on and not working, it just happened today. Does anyone had any issue with that?

Old 05-08-2019, 12:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

reset your MMI.
Old 05-08-2019, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Didn't work

I have tried mmi reset but doesn't working. I think this is not software issue.
Old 05-08-2019, 12:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Check all the connection in the back - where the subwoofer is - Digital Sound System Control Module is located there, that's the brains of the B&O system. If connections look good, this may potentially be a fuse issue or something more serious. Check the manual for fuse locations, and if fuses look good, trip to the dealer, sorry.
Old 05-08-2019, 04:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

take it to the dealer. thats what warranties are for
Old 05-09-2019, 05:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Dumb question you didn't just bump the mute button? (that's the same graphic you get when doing so in the first shot, although I'm not sure about adjusting treble/bass).
Old 05-09-2019, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

If the system is muted, a single click (volume up) of the volume **** or the volume wheel on the steering wheel will get it out of mute. Mute does not affect sound characteristic adjustments. This looks like a loss of communication between MMI and Digital Sound System Control Module. Since systems in most new vehicles are modular, very much like a computer network, they talk to each other via CAN BUS. MMI is obviously working, it just can't find the sound system to talk to. So like in any other computer network, it's either due to loss of power to single device, loss of communication due to failure of interconnected cable, software issue, miss-configuration issue (using OBD11 for example), or due to hardware failure. Unless you are comfortable tearing your car apart and you have the right tools and replacement parts handy - and most important - you are out of warranty, just take it to the dealer and have them figure it out (unless of course you screwed something up playing with OBD11 or VCP ....)
Old 05-14-2019, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Had the same issue; they had to replace my amp; took a little over a week to get the part from germany
Old 06-04-2019, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Obd11

Originally Posted by gsobol
If the system is muted, a single click (volume up) of the volume **** or the volume wheel on the steering wheel will get it out of mute. Mute does not affect sound characteristic adjustments. This looks like a loss of communication between MMI and Digital Sound System Control Module. Since systems in most new vehicles are modular, very much like a computer network, they talk to each other via CAN BUS. MMI is obviously working, it just can't find the sound system to talk to. So like in any other computer network, it's either due to loss of power to single device, loss of communication due to failure of interconnected cable, software issue, miss-configuration issue (using OBD11 for example), or due to hardware failure. Unless you are comfortable tearing your car apart and you have the right tools and replacement parts handy - and most important - you are out of warranty, just take it to the dealer and have them figure it out (unless of course you screwed something up playing with OBD11 or VCP ....)
Yes I'd used obd11 for turning on pdc activation, and clearing errors. Do you think it's necessary to replace some parts or just need to new configuration?
Old 06-04-2019, 03:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Temka0707
Yes I'd used obd11 for turning on pdc activation, and clearing errors. Do you think it's necessary to replace some parts or just need to new configuration?
Well, first, did it stop working right AFTER you used OBD11?

Quick Reply: Bang & Olufsen sound system not work