Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

battle scars for the Q7 today..

Old 12-22-2017, 07:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default battle scars for the Q7 today..

so i was driving down to NJ through walt whitman bridge this evening and i was traveling on the left lane at around 50mph when out of nowhere the car in front of me slam the brakes ( there's still 1.5-2 car length between us ).. Audi Pre Sense immediately sense it and apply the brakes while i also floored the brake pedal.. so the Q7 actually came to a full stop 5 feet behind the car in the front, but apparently the car behind me could not, and slam into the Q.. idk what the hell he was doing, all i know was when i saw the mirror, i know the Q is going to take a hit today.. I am Surprised at this car though, even though it took a direct hit at around 30mph from the car behind me, the only thing that got messed up is the bottom trim bumper, and the diffuser..

Last edited by mrp0rky; 12-22-2017 at 07:58 PM.
Old 12-22-2017, 08:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Old 12-23-2017, 03:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That would ruin my day. Sorry to see this happened.
Old 12-23-2017, 04:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think there are sensors behind the bumper that may have gotten wiped out. I'd be curious at the bill and how they deal with the fix.
Do you think they will oder the parts, let you drive the car and have you bring the car in when they have the parts?

Mind keeping us posted on the time frame for repairs and the cost? Glad the presence worked.
Old 12-23-2017, 04:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

That sucks!

I've been rear ended twice in my '14 Q7. Both times the tow hitch prevented any damage to bumper.
Old 12-23-2017, 04:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Greg in JaxFl View Post
That would ruin my day. Sorry to see this happened.
that's what i thought too.. usually i'll be pissed when stuff happens to the car.. but at that point i kinda don't care.. knowing that this will all get fix...

Originally Posted by GBMILTON View Post
I think there are sensors behind the bumper that may have gotten wiped out. I'd be curious at the bill and how they deal with the fix.
Do you think they will oder the parts, let you drive the car and have you bring the car in when they have the parts?

Mind keeping us posted on the time frame for repairs and the cost? Glad the presence worked.
so actually all the sensors are still working fine. after the accident we continue to head to our friends wedding party.. and when we got there and park the car, all the sensors are still functional..

Originally Posted by Force-1 View Post
That sucks!

I've been rear ended twice in my '14 Q7. Both times the tow hitch prevented any damage to bumper.
after the accident i was thinking.. what would happen if i added the optional towing package.. would all of this be prevented..
Old 12-23-2017, 05:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Great news on the sensors.

Think I'll look into an add on for protection. My sister in law lives in Brooklyn and she added an off road looking bumper guard.

Good luck!
Old 12-23-2017, 05:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

so to update all of you.. i did speak to my insurance and we got an adjuster to take inspect the damages today dec 23 at 10AM EST.. so i'll keep you guys updated.. we have been declared not at fault for this accident soooo thank god!!.. also the other party's insurance company (progressive) just called and they're still pending further investigation.. so hopefully the car can be in the body shop by next week.. also i have been looking for audi certified body shop.. so if anyone of you have a recommended body shop around Philadelphia area please let me know..
Old 12-23-2017, 06:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

That really sucks. I got rear ended in my Q5 in an ice storm a few years ago and it looked worse than that and I had 5,000 worth of damage. Have a reputable Audi body shop check it out for you.
Old 12-23-2017, 06:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mrp0rky View Post
so to update all of you.. i did speak to my insurance and we got an adjuster to take inspect the damages today dec 23 at 10AM EST.. so i'll keep you guys updated.. we have been declared not at fault for this accident soooo thank god!!.. also the other party's insurance company (progressive) just called and they're still pending further investigation.. so hopefully the car can be in the body shop by next week.. also i have been looking for audi certified body shop.. so if anyone of you have a recommended body shop around Philadelphia area please let me know..
I'm interested in the repair cost too. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: battle scars for the Q7 today..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: