Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Blackline Taillight in US

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Great job.

So if americans want sweeping lights they just need to download the zdc and thats it or they need the ZDC and the missing wire installed?
Old 02-14-2017, 08:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Installed the tail lights this morning. Looks awesome with Ink Blue. I am going to do something about the bottom light assembly.

Old 02-14-2017, 08:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Dasaint
Great job.

So if americans want sweeping lights they just need to download the zdc and thats it or they need the ZDC and the missing wire installed?
ZDC and missing wire. I will post a video soon showing only ZDC done. I haven't got to the extra wire part yet.
Old 02-14-2017, 08:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Blackline taillight done without dynamic indicator.

I didn't take a photo of the adapter harness that was provided by the seller.

Q7 Original 4Pin -> Adapter 4Pin -> Adapter 5Pin -> Blackline Taillight 5Pin

Basically Audi made adapter harness to not work in US. So the notch within the terminal does not work with Q7 Original 4Pin terminal. I just used xacto knife to cut the notch out to fit on to the original terminal and it worked out fine.

My next step is to order some pins for taillight and J393 Module to add extra cable to enable dynamic indicator.
Old 02-14-2017, 09:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hji1945
Installed the tail lights this morning. Looks awesome with Ink Blue. I am going to do something about the bottom light assembly.

Looks great... In some of the blackline photos I've seen they make the lower lights as well. I haven't seen them online anywhere though. I may have to order everything in the coming months vs just doing a Lamin-x film.
Old 02-14-2017, 09:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Audi Q7 4M BlackLine

My next step is to order some pins for taillight and J393 Module to add extra cable to enable dynamic indicator.
Could you please send me a link or post where you buy the pins and plugs. I am making my own harness for a different module and haven't gotten around to finding where to source the items from. TIA.
Old 02-14-2017, 09:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by PeteDin206
Looks great... In some of the blackline photos I've seen they make the lower lights as well. I haven't seen them online anywhere though. I may have to order everything in the coming months vs just doing a Lamin-x film.
Thank you. I don't think Audi makes em which is weird. I think I gonna get some lamin-x film to darken them.
Old 02-14-2017, 09:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by noxqzs
Could you please send me a link or post where you buy the pins and plugs. I am making my own harness for a different module and haven't gotten around to finding where to source the items from. TIA.
I don't really have specific place to purchase them. This is my first time owning Audi so I am going to have to research around.

But you should be able to find all the terminals / pins from this website:
TE CONNECTIVITY

When you find parts number, i think you can purchase them from mouser.com
Old 02-14-2017, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

From this picture I think they do make something... Just a matter of finding them.

Thank you. I don't think Audi makes em which is weird. I think I gonna get some lamin-x film to darken them.
Old 02-14-2017, 11:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by PeteDin206

From this picture I think they do make something... Just a matter of finding them.
Thanks for the photo. I actually saw this picture online before, didn't register that it was darken lights on the bumper. Realoem does not show parts number for darken lights. Maybe they just aren't available yet. It does look much better with matching lights though.

Quick Reply: Blackline Taillight in US