Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Buy or not to buy Q7 - Big problem!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 09:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buy or not to buy Q7 - Big problem!

Hello guys!

Few weeks ago, I almost bought the 2017 Q7 Prestige but walked away from a deal due to the interior inlay "Layered Walnut", which didn't go well with Nougat Brown. Now I am contemplating whether to even buy Q7 all together due to recent lawsuit against Audi. I am afraid this lawsuit will drive the resale value down.

Hagens Berman Files First Lawsuit Against Audi for New Emissions-Cheating Device Affecting 3.0-Liter Gasoline Cars | Business Wire

What are your thoughts? There is a vehicle coming in two weeks that I have a really good offer on but want to see the consensus. Should I expect to get below invoice deal at this point?

Thanks for your help in advance!
Old 11-23-2016, 09:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Refer to this thread:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-...vered-2909139/

Supposedly this is fixed (not sure how...) for production post May 2016.
Old 11-23-2016, 09:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by bhatiaax
Hello guys!

Few weeks ago, I almost bought the 2017 Q7 Prestige but walked away from a deal due to the interior inlay "Layered Walnut", which didn't go well with Nougat Brown. Now I am contemplating whether to even buy Q7 all together due to recent lawsuit against Audi. I am afraid this lawsuit will drive the resale value down.

Hagens Berman Files First Lawsuit Against Audi for New Emissions-Cheating Device Affecting 3.0-Liter Gasoline Cars | Business Wire

What are your thoughts? There is a vehicle coming in two weeks that I have a really good offer on but want to see the consensus. Should I expect to get below invoice deal at this point?

Thanks for your help in advance!
it may or may not.
if they fixed it, and then there is trouble, then audi is in big trouble.
it can happen to any car. recalls, etc etc.

i ordered one without the layered walnut inlays. ( thats an ugly combination)
will see..
had the previous version of q7 for 6 years. good reliable suv
Old 11-23-2016, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

I was at first drawn the layered walnut and nougat brown interior. On paper it sounds wonderful but I saw some pictures of and started to have second thoughts about it. I was concerned the piano black, nougat and layered walnut would not be very cohesive. I saw pics of a Q7 from Canada with the same interior combo yesterday but up there in Canada they have a silver brushed aluminum trim instead of the high gloss black. And believe it or not that tones down the contrast a lot making that combo work together.
Regardless the Q7 is a great vehicle even if there is another emissions cheat. I'm dealing with the diesel gate buyback on my VW right now and it's so just a whole lot of waiting on VW to process paperwork. That's what's I'm waiting on to get my Q7. But I may just have to go ahead and order my Q7 now without knowing when my TDI will be bought back.
Old 11-23-2016, 10:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

I agree the 2017 Q7 is a great SUV. I am disappointed with the Gasolinegate. If Japanese / US carmakers can come up with ULEV gas engines, why would Audi need to cheat to meet US emission requirements? I just hope Audi handles this issue well for the brand-sake ---> our resale value.
Old 11-23-2016, 10:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Keyser Wi
I agree the 2017 Q7 is a great SUV. I am disappointed with the Gasolinegate. If Japanese / US carmakers can come up with ULEV gas engines, why would Audi need to cheat to meet US emission requirements? I just hope Audi handles this issue well for the brand-sake ---> our resale value.
thats a more philosophical question: why cheat when things are going good.
corporate greed is beyond comprehension.

i have met more people who ordered the q7's including me who got tired waiting for a good combination of packages.
Old 11-23-2016, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks guys. No question it is a beautiful beast and I am in love. It will be my first Audi and I won't want to get into the relationship on a bad note. I'm looking to keep the vehicle for 5 years or more but hoping not to go under for too much.
Old 11-23-2016, 09:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I ordered the walnut but I went with the rock grey interior. I wanted a clear contrast to the piano and the leather. The other wood tones were a bit too close to the the piano for me and with the walnut, the touchscreen section on the center console pops out as well.

I haven not seen any pictures of that combo yet so this will be quite interesting..

However, if the walnut is indeed different in color to the nougat - even slightly - I can understand the OPs concerns.

Last edited by AudiFanFL; 11-23-2016 at 09:23 PM.
Old 11-24-2016, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

I had / have those same concerns. https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-...-audi-2909478/
Old 11-24-2016, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Here is how it looks like.

Quick Reply: Buy or not to buy Q7 - Big problem!