Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Buy or not to buy Q7 - Big problem!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2016, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jallen0
I'm on the fence... this is my 3rd Audi. My previous 2 had no issues. Mine from all the electrical control module issues to even the hood handle breaking off is getting a bit ridiculous. It has a very smooth ride and looks great but wondering about quality control. I know a lot of people have not had any issues with their car but I guess I am in the minority and it sucks. I was hoping to get the new RS5 but I think I will pass.
Old 11-24-2016, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I had similiar concerns on long term value buying a gas version. With so little inventory on Q7 17's, we are not getting bargains. However knowing the diesel buybacks were so heavy in the US on Q7's....reducing the Used market inventory....in my view this greatly appreciates a 17 in the future used market.
Old 11-25-2016, 01:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by bhatiaax
Here is how it looks like.
I generally don't like the layered oak. But I think it looks good here as it ties the seat/door colors together with the dash, etc.
Old 11-25-2016, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the layered walnut would look great in the black interior. It brighten it up and break up the sea of black.
Old 11-25-2016, 10:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TDI Brad
I think the layered walnut would look great in the black interior. It brighten it up and break up the sea of black.
Agreed. In all black interior, I think the layered walnut fits beautifully.

I learned early on these combos really need to be seen in person for an accurate read. Online pics of these interiors are often quite inaccurate with tone, so what may appear not right online could look better in person and visa versa. Black often looks grayer then in person. Gray leather looks lighter or darker then in person and many online pics of the nougat brown almost look near the same tone as the cedar brown when in fact they are very different. The nougat is much darker leaning more towards a chocolate brown while the cedar is more towards a saddle brown (think Coach brand leather) and can appear much more "orange" in online pics then it really is. This all definitely affects the inlays contrast against the leathers. Like with anything, no right or wrong, all just personal taste.

My advice....best not totally rely on online pics. Try and see the color combos you are interested in person. Keep in mind if you cannot find a Q7 with the correct combo local to see (often difficult), you can get a good idea by looking at multiple Audi vehicles on a lot as other models also use these materials / colors etc.
Old 11-25-2016, 03:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bhatiaax
Hello guys!

Few weeks ago, I almost bought the 2017 Q7 Prestige but walked away from a deal due to the interior inlay "Layered Walnut", which didn't go well with Nougat Brown. Now I am contemplating whether to even buy Q7 all together due to recent lawsuit against Audi. I am afraid this lawsuit will drive the resale value down.

Hagens Berman Files First Lawsuit Against Audi for New Emissions-Cheating Device Affecting 3.0-Liter Gasoline Cars | Business Wire

What are your thoughts? There is a vehicle coming in two weeks that I have a really good offer on but want to see the consensus. Should I expect to get below invoice deal at this point?

Thanks for your help in advance!

It's quite possible that the latest round of Audi misdeeds may cause a significant hit in resale...and getting one below invoice may not come anywhere close to cover the hit.
Old 11-25-2016, 06:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Haha. So far most have said to go ahead and buy. It's a tough call and no one can predict but there is no other car on the market that competes with the Q. XC90 certainly doesn't! Decisions decisions!!!
Old 11-25-2016, 07:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

The Q7 I have on order will also be my first Audi. If you're really worried about resale value, I would think lease is the way to go, considering the residual is actually above average for a luxury SUV.
Old 11-25-2016, 07:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The 2017 Q7 is rated as the best SUV out there by Car and Driver, Consumer Reports, etc etc. I don't see many people being that concerned about a minor emissions 'scandal'. Not to say I'm happy about it, I just don't see it as that big of a deal as far as owning one or resale.
Old 11-25-2016, 08:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

It is a big deal for those of us that did not lease. VW resale values were down 13% vs 2% in 10/15 following the first scandal. Poor resale values also negatively affects residual rates when leasing.

Volkswagen resale prices drop 13 percent

I luv my Q7 for the most part but VW/Audi's ever evolving cheating and lying is turning off prospective buyers no matter how nice the vehicle might be. VW sales were finally just starting to get back on track as of last month. In addition, a major buyback of vehicles will further hamper resale.

Last edited by RJC 1; 11-25-2016 at 08:23 PM.

Quick Reply: Buy or not to buy Q7 - Big problem!