Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

C&D Audi Q7 Now you see it, now you don't.

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had an alignment done at 10k as the first year’s free service. I didn’t ask what’s been done. Now, my car has 12+k. The tires are still good. I have adaptive chassis. I always check the tire pressure every 3 or 4 weeks.
Old 01-25-2018, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Taylor Collins
i had an alignment done at 10k as the first year’s free service. I didn’t ask what’s been done. Now, my car has 12+k. The tires are still good. I have adaptive chassis. I always check the tire pressure every 3 or 4 weeks.
Based on the discussion with the service manager, it was like a few hours job. My car has driver assistant package.
Old 01-26-2018, 05:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the tire wear, the tire has to play a factor in this right? If it's an alignment or suspension issue, they should all wear tires out quicker but do we know if CD's as well as members on here are running the same tires? Summer vs AS vs owner-installed winters?
Old 01-26-2018, 07:14 PM
Audi Q7 Prestige'18 Owner

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by smacky
For the tire wear, the tire has to play a factor in this right? If it's an alignment or suspension issue, they should all wear tires out quicker but do we know if CD's as well as members on here are running the same tires? Summer vs AS vs owner-installed winters?
Totally agree. Tire brand matters. Over the years, it always seems that the tires we get here in CA (all weather) when the car is new are not as good as some well rated tires you can buy from the local tire stores. We purchased several american cars over the years that always came with Good Years... they would last MAYBE 20k miles. Then I would replace them with a good set of Michelins, get the wheels alinged again (normally minimal change) and i would get 50-60k out of them.
The new 2018 Q7 came with Good Years... wondering how they will perform. but since Michelin doesn't make the tires in my car's size (yet), I will be shopping for better mileage tires IF the Good years under-perform.
Old 01-27-2018, 08:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JT4
Thanks for posting.... I see that C&D also experienced the tires wearing unevenly.. C&D also mentioned that; "Multiple drivers reported that the MMI screen would power off, retract into the dash, reboot itself, and then rise back up from the dash as if nothing had happened"

Maybe I missed it (since I haven't read every page in the Q7 forum LOL), but I don't remember reading about anyone experiencing this.
Mine has done that a few times. Dealer just reset the MMI system this week, so we'll see what happens.
Old 01-27-2018, 08:42 AM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 283 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by drummerbrent
Mine has done that a few times. Dealer just reset the MMI system this week, so we'll see what happens.
Old 01-27-2018, 09:25 AM
Audi Q7 Prestige'18 Owner

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Force-1
Does that MMI Reset simply do a reboot, or does it restore all the factory settings, and forget all other settings such as bluetooth links, etc, etc?
Old 01-27-2018, 10:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by timshuwy
Does that MMI Reset simply do a reboot, or does it restore all the factory settings, and forget all other settings such as bluetooth links, etc, etc?
When the dealer did it, it kept all my settings and pairings.
Old 01-27-2018, 11:06 AM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 283 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by timshuwy
I can only speak to my current S5 and Q7 (MKII on order).

I have the Carista App, and several changes I made in my S5 and Q7 required me to reboot the MMI for the changes to take. I have done it several times in each, and never lost any settings.
Old 01-27-2018, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Does not reset to factory settings, just like a PC reboot.

Quick Reply: C&D Audi Q7 Now you see it, now you don't.