Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

C&D Audi Q7 Now you see it, now you don't.

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2018, 12:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Eppieguy
Does not reset to factory settings, just like a PC reboot.
It's same like your PC, iPone, Android reboot. Clears memory, leaves NVRAM and installed apps alone
Old 01-28-2018, 01:47 PM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 283 Likes on 203 Posts

FWIW the Q7 is one of the "Ten Best Trucks and SUVs for 2018" in Feb 18 issue of Car and Driver.
Old 01-30-2018, 01:25 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gsobol
It's same like your PC, iPone, Android reboot. Clears memory, leaves NVRAM and installed apps alone
Forgive the ignorance but doens't turning the car off and back on do the same thing?
Old 01-30-2018, 01:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I will check tonight
Old 01-30-2018, 02:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cltsig
Forgive the ignorance but doens't turning the car off and back on do the same thing?

I could be wrong, but I think it's more of a "hibernation" state it gets put in to, instead of completely shutting off. Even though there's always a boot-animation when you start the car every time.
Old 02-20-2018, 06:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

I suppose this is one of the major reasons that Audi has and is getting rid of retracting screens in its vehicles - less money to build and less money to fix under warranty.
Old 02-21-2018, 02:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JT4
Thanks for posting.... I see that C&D also experienced the tires wearing unevenly.. C&D also mentioned that; "Multiple drivers reported that the MMI screen would power off, retract into the dash, reboot itself, and then rise back up from the dash as if nothing had happened"

Maybe I missed it (since I haven't read every page in the Q7 forum LOL), but I don't remember reading about anyone experiencing this.
Has happened couple of times (in gap of 8-10 months). As mentioned, it would start back again as if nothing happened
Old 02-21-2018, 05:12 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by sr007
Has happened couple of times (in gap of 8-10 months). As mentioned, it would start back again as if nothing happened
Thanks for the response..

Haven't had it happen on the Q7, but in a previous MB the COMMAND system would do this. It was similar to when my phone, on the rare occasion would reboot for no reason..

Last edited by JT4; 02-21-2018 at 05:14 AM.
Old 02-21-2018, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While the Q7’s wagonoid styling has grown on some of us, others feel that the Audi is about as visually stimulating as a loaf of rye bread.
lol my thoughts exactly. Why they changed the design so dramatically from the MKI boggles my mind
Old 02-21-2018, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JT4
Thanks for posting.... I see that C&D also experienced the tires wearing unevenly.. C&D also mentioned that; "Multiple drivers reported that the MMI screen would power off, retract into the dash, reboot itself, and then rise back up from the dash as if nothing had happened"

Maybe I missed it (since I haven't read every page in the Q7 forum LOL), but I don't remember reading about anyone experiencing this.
I have never had this happen and haven't seen anyone on the forum post an issue on it either... it MUST be a conspiracy theory to thwart off BMW cross-shoppers.

Originally Posted by jet963
What's your tire pressure? Reading threads and someone said low tire pressure could cause the tire feathering like your case.
I wonder if adding 2-3 psi would alleviate all of these outside tire feathering issues. I have the same problem and think I will give it a try. Hard to really examine the results accurately as we don't drive it full time 20k miles/year on the highway. And no one can convince me that a 2-3 psi adjustment is dangerous, so just don't try.

Quick Reply: C&D Audi Q7 Now you see it, now you don't.