Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

C&D Audi Q7 Now you see it, now you don't.

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by landragon
lol my thoughts exactly. Why they changed the design so dramatically from the MKI boggles my mind
I'm loving the new look...
Old 02-21-2018, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mackerman22
$536 for the $.05 piece of plastic that the visor clips into?
Seems absurd but not unbelievable. My wife broke one in the S4 and I flipped out... she literally jammed the visor into it. I fixed it with some epoxy and pre-drilled #2 or #4 screws, I forget. It's strong than new and you couldn't tell if you looked for it.
Old 02-22-2018, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JT4
Thanks for posting.... I see that C&D also experienced the tires wearing unevenly.. C&D also mentioned that; "Multiple drivers reported that the MMI screen would power off, retract into the dash, reboot itself, and then rise back up from the dash as if nothing had happened"

Maybe I missed it (since I haven't read every page in the Q7 forum LOL), but I don't remember reading about anyone experiencing this.
I wonder if this happened after they manually lowered the MMI screen, then when parking and reversing, the screen will of course go up automatically then down again once done with he maneuver?
Old 02-22-2018, 03:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Honestly Audi seems plagued by a number of electronic issues and this may be my last one. Love the car when it's working but all these unresolvable issues.
Old 02-24-2018, 06:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Corgiman
Honestly Audi seems plagued by a number of electronic issues and this may be my last one. Love the car when it's working but all these unresolvable issues.
What exactly are your issues? I am on my second year with 28K on it, other than the Break noice issue, I have no issues with electronics. A completely satisfying experience every time I step into my car.
Old 02-25-2018, 06:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by lapi
What exactly are your issues? I am on my second year with 28K on it, other than the Break noice issue, I have no issues with electronics. A completely satisfying experience every time I step into my car.
I've been in for driver's door malfunction/parking brake malfunction/oil level sensor malfunction/ soft close doors not working periodically. All electronic issues. Car has been at the dealer 5 weeks for the soft close doors and still not resolved. If you read through the threads here the MMI randomly rebooting is an issue. Car and Driver even had it on their long term Q7 test. A number of people seem to have issues with the alarm not chirping/rear hatch opening at random/various parts of the DAP.
Old 02-25-2018, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Corgiman
I've been in for driver's door malfunction/parking brake malfunction/oil level sensor malfunction/ soft close doors not working periodically. All electronic issues. Car has been at the dealer 5 weeks for the soft close doors and still not resolved. If you read through the threads here the MMI randomly rebooting is an issue. Car and Driver even had it on their long term Q7 test. A number of people seem to have issues with the alarm not chirping/rear hatch opening at random/various parts of the DAP.
While I understand how infuriating electronic issues can be on a new car, Audi has risen the ranks in terms of owner satisfaction, reliability and stands at #2 (source Consumer Reports 2018). Regarding your comment for MMI rebooting, it is not an issue per se. As any electronic gadget, it reboots once in a while (in my 1.5 years of ownership, only twice).

Last edited by sr007; 02-25-2018 at 06:25 AM.
Old 02-26-2018, 03:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

[QUOTE=sr007;25115726]While I understand how infuriating electronic issues can be on a new car, Audi has risen the ranks in terms of owner satisfaction, reliability and stands at #2 (source Consumer Reports 2018). Regarding your comment for MMI rebooting, it is not an issue per se. As any electronic gadget, it reboots once in a while (in my 1.5 years of ownership, only twice).

[/QUOTE I'm ok with the fact that cars ar basically rolling computers and don't boot up properly or need to reboot occasionally. The Car and Driver issue was frequent enough they mentioned it in their review which, although 40k miles, was over a few months.

Quality surveys are are usually during the initial ownership period-90 days or so-when people are enthused about their new car and more likely to give better reviews. I got the JD Power survey on my Q7 and it was mostly a lot f questions about tire brands. "How do you perceive. Yokohama tires? Are they a quality brand?" What does that have to do with my Q7? Yokohama doesn't even supply tires to Audi as far as I know.
Old 02-26-2018, 03:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

[QUOTE=sr007;25115726]While I understand how infuriating electronic issues can be on a new car, Audi has risen the ranks in terms of owner satisfaction, reliability and stands at #2 (source Consumer Reports 2018). Regarding your comment for MMI rebooting, it is not an issue per se. As any electronic gadget, it reboots once in a while (in my 1.5 years of ownership, only twice).

[/QUOTE I'm ok with the fact that cars ar basically rolling computers and don't boot up properly or need to reboot occasionally. The Car and Driver issue was frequent enough they mentioned it in their review which, although 40k miles, was over a few months.

Quality surveys are are usually during the initial ownership period-90 days or so-when people are enthused about their new car and more likely to give better reviews. I got the JD Power survey on my Q7 and it was mostly a lot f questions about tire brands. "How do you perceive. Yokohama tires? Are they a quality brand?" What does that have to do with my Q7? Yokohama doesn't even supply tires to Audi as far as I know.