AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with accessories.

I put a deposit on a premium plus and here are the options

preimum plus
vision
Ventilation
cold

can I install trailer hitch later for mounting bikes?
can I install Audi rings on the doors? Where do I buy the aftermarket from and how much will it cost me to install them?

I need some recommendation on how to protect the seats specially the back where kids kick it a lot?

also any iPhone X wireless charging mat/holder available for the q7?

Is there a thread that talks about what do look out for during taking delivery do the car.
Old 12-02-2017, 06:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-...light=DElivery
Old 12-03-2017, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Installing the Audi ring lights later shouldn't be a big deal.

The trailer hitch is much cheaper to have as an option up front than to try and install it later. If you think you might want a hitch have them add it to the order.
Old 12-03-2017, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by HikerDoc
Installing the Audi ring lights later shouldn't be a big deal.

The trailer hitch is much cheaper to have as an option up front than to try and install it later. If you think you might want a hitch have them add it to the order.
I won't be using the trailer for towing anything, but need it bike racks. The sales guy told me that the combination options I was looking for did not have the trailer hitch and had all the other options I was looking for, he said I can add that later, he also said that I could use the trailer hitch non factory installed for towing. If I order it would be a couple months, so the trailer hitch is the only this this car I am looking doesn't have.

He also said I can have remote start installed, but i need to keep a key fob in the car at all times for it to work and I could buy a third key fob. Any idea is what he is saying is true?
Old 12-03-2017, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

If you are in doubt about the towing pack, get it. I dont tow anything but got it anyway, so i could use it for a bike rack (which I havent used anyway). If you install later to factory look and finish it will cost you more than the option. Depending on how often you use a bike rack, you could also get the ones you can just mount to the back of the Q, and remove when done. I've been using those for years, with no issues.
As for the remote start, that sounds so dumb. Whats the point of remote start if I have to leave a fob in there first? Might as well start the Q when there
Old 12-03-2017, 10:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BigKutta
If you are in doubt about the towing pack, get it. I dont tow anything but got it anyway, so i could use it for a bike rack (which I havent used anyway). If you install later to factory look and finish it will cost you more than the option. Depending on how often you use a bike rack, you could also get the ones you can just mount to the back of the Q, and remove when done. I've been using those for years, with no issues.
As for the remote start, that sounds so dumb. Whats the point of remote start if I have to leave a fob in there first? Might as well start the Q when there
I don’t think I explained this well. He said that one keyvfob will be in the car at all times. You can the lock the car at night or whenever and when you need to remote start it will using the other key fob that’s with you. Does this makes sense.

I will ask him about the hitch for the bike rack and try to get it installed now since he said it cost about $500-$600. I will confirm with him tomorrow.
Old 12-03-2017, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by sid369
I don’t think I explained this well. He said that one keyvfob will be in the car at all times. You can the lock the car at night or whenever and when you need to remote start it will using the other key fob that’s with you. Does this makes sense.

I will ask him about the hitch for the bike rack and try to get it installed now since he said it cost about $500-$600. I will confirm with him tomorrow.
Given how keyless systems work, where the key must be inside the vehicle to start it, I suppose it makes sense. It's just not something I'd be comfortable with leaving in all the time. However, if you are in a low risk/crime area then it could be ok. I'd guess there is a better way, but have never looked into this to know for sure.
Old 12-03-2017, 01:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

I won’t be comfortable with this as well leaving a keyfob in the car at all times however you will be able to lock the car even with the keyfob in the car he said there is a way to do it. I was more interested to know if any of the owners here have done it this way or any other and if they are satisfied with it.
Old 12-03-2017, 03:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

He also said I can have remote start installed, but i need to keep a key fob in the car at all times for it to work and I could buy a third key fob. Any idea is what he is saying is true?
First time I am hearing such an approach! Just so that I better understand the context, why do you need remote start? You do realize that manufacturers now days dissuade from idling the engine.
Old 12-04-2017, 04:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

I put a deposit on a premium plus and here are the options

preimum plus
vision
Ventilation
cold

can I install trailer hitch later for mounting bikes?
can I install Audi rings on the doors? Where do I buy the aftermarket from and how much will it cost me to install them?

I need some recommendation on how to protect the seats specially the back where kids kick it a lot?

also any iPhone X wireless charging mat/holder available for the q7?

Is there a thread that talks about what do look out for during taking delivery do the car.
There are threads within this forum section devoted to each and every one of these topics. I wish you had done a little searching before asking others to do it for you.

Quick Reply: Need help with accessories.