Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Can you prepay for service after the first 10,000 miles?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2018, 07:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you prepay for service after the first 10,000 miles?

First service is coming up which I understand if free, is it worth to prepay for the next remaining service under warranty? is it cheaper? or should I pay for service as we go.
Old 12-10-2018, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

I believe you can pay for AudiCare right upto your second service at the end of year 2. I didnt buy it at the free first year service, and plan to assess before the 2nd service.
Old 12-10-2018, 08:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

You have technically until the 20k miles service to decide if you want to purchase Audi Care. You can purchase it from the service department at the time of the 20k miles service in lieu of paying for just the service. There is also Audi Care Select which prepays for the next two services starting with the 40k miles service. Audi Care is supposed to be an average 30% savings over paying individually for each service at a dealership and it protects from labor cost increases over time. To see how much it will truly save you with today's labor costs, you should get quotes from your dealer for the services Audi Care covers. It's generally a good deal if you plan to service the car at an Audi dealership and keep the car at least until you've done all the services. It does transfer to the next owner, which may fetch you a higher sales price if you sell it earlier. For those who lease, it also increases the residual value by 1% if it's purchased as part of the new car lease deal and then it essentially mostly pays for itself by lowering the lease payments. The cost of Audi Care also goes up over time. For my RS5 I payed around $900 back in 2013 and it was an excellent deal as that particular car requires expensive transmission services and I later purchased Audi Care Select for the 55k and 65k service, which was cheaper than the 55k service alone. Now I believe Audi Care for RS models is something like $1200, so the sooner you buy it, the cheaper it will be. The price may be higher by the time you are due for the 20k miles service.

Last edited by superswiss; 12-10-2018 at 08:52 AM.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by superswiss
You have technically until the 20k miles service to decide if you want to purchase Audi Care. You can purchase it from the service department at the time of the 20k miles service in lieu of paying for just the service. There is also Audi Care Select which prepays for the next two services starting with the 40k miles service. Audi Care is supposed to be an average 30% savings over paying individually for each service at a dealership and it protects from labor cost increases over time. To see how much it will truly save you with today's labor costs, you should get quotes from your dealer for the services Audi Care covers. It's generally a good deal if you plan to service the car at an Audi dealership and keep the car at least until you've done all the services. It does transfer to the next owner, which may fetch you a higher sales price if you sell it earlier. For those who lease, it also increases the residual value by 1% if it's purchased as part of the new car lease deal and then it essentially mostly pays for itself by lowering the lease payments. The cost of Audi Care also goes up over time. For my RS5 I payed around $900 back in 2013 and it was an excellent deal as that particular car requires expensive transmission services and I later purchased Audi Care Select for the 55k and 65k service, which was cheaper than the 55k service alone. Now I believe Audi Care for RS models is something like $1200, so the sooner you buy it, the cheaper it will be. The price may be higher by the time you are due for the 20k miles service.
Thank you both for providing the information, does one have to get the service before the odometer hitting the 10,000 miles or 12 month exactly or can you go a few miles over?
Also, I read the Audi care is a fixed price of $869 at this time, is there someone on Audio site in writing that it can be bought until 20k miles?
Do you guys service it though the dealership or independent mechanic, does it void warranty etc.?

Lastly, Its just been a year with the car and wondering which other non premium car come close to the Q7 in terms of driving dynamics.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by sid369
Thank you both for providing the information, does one have to get the service before the odometer hitting the 10,000 miles or 12 month exactly or can you go a few miles over?
Also, I read the Audi care is a fixed price of $869 at this time, is there someone on Audio site in writing that it can be bought until 20k miles?
Do you guys service it though the dealership or independent mechanic, does it void warranty etc.?

Lastly, Its just been a year with the car and wondering which other non premium car come close to the Q7 in terms of driving dynamics.
Call your servicing dealer and ask them to be sure. Talk to the service manager.

I haven't taken the Audi to an Independent, but have taken my other cars to indies only if they have a great reputation and specialize in the brand. As long as you maintain the service records, you'll be fine.
Non-premium brands? Dont know as I didn't cross shop Audi versus non-premium, but recently people here were talking up the Kia...maybe they''ll chime in.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I purchased my Audi care when I bring my q7 in for the first 10k service and yes its $869 and its refundable. Its prepaid for 4 services and if you only happen to used 2 out of the 4 before u sell it they will refund you the difference. From what the dealership told me the 20k service is around $300 and 30k is around $700 because its required a brake fluid flush 40k around $500 and 50k around $800. That's what I was told but ofcourse every dealership have their own price

Last edited by Simon129; 12-10-2018 at 10:30 AM.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Originally Posted by sid369

No, it doesn't have to be exact. You get 4 services and it doesn't matter when you do them as far as I know. You definitely don't have to time it exactly. I've done mine both slightly early and slightly late. Most of the time time you probably have to wait for an appointment anyway.

Here's the information about Audi Care on their website, but I don't think it says when you can buy it, but I think it kinda goes without saying. There's no mandate to buy it early. 2017 and newer Audi Care & Audi Care Select | Audi library

I service at both my dealership and my indy. The recommended services I've so far done at the dealership, especially while the car was under warranty. Just makes things easier in my experience if there are repairs and the dealership has a documented history of the car that way. I've also continued to do the recommended services at the dealership after the warranty as well as most repairs. I've had a couple of out of warranty repairs and I've been able to work out 50/50 goodwill deals with the dealership thanks to the business I've been giving them and the relationship I have with them. That has saved me around $3000 in repair cost so far.

I do intermediate oil changes at every 5k miles at my indy as well as brakes and tires. Basically all the standard wear and aftermarket stuff I do at my indy. Here in NorCal, the labor rates of a good indy compared to dealership rates are about the same. There isn't much to be had, because there are about 8 Audi dealerships around me, so they have to be competitive. Most savings can be had on parts, for example I source my own tires and brake parts and then just have my indy install them.

Last edited by superswiss; 12-10-2018 at 10:30 AM.
Old 12-10-2018, 03:45 PM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 283 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by Simon129
I purchased my Audi care when I bring my q7 in for the first 10k service and yes its $869 and its refundable. Its prepaid for 4 services and if you only happen to used 2 out of the 4 before u sell it they will refund you the difference. From what the dealership told me the 20k service is around $300 and 30k is around $700 because its required a brake fluid flush 40k around $500 and 50k around $800. That's what I was told but ofcourse every dealership have their own price
Not true, unless you live in California.

"Can a customer receive a refund...

No. The Audi Care new vehicle scheduled maintenance plan cannot be cancelled and is non- refundable.* No refunds will be given if the lease is terminated early or if the lease term is less than the coverage period.

See your Audi dealer or vehicle maintenance booklet for details.

*Applicable in all states except California. By California State Law, customers must submit their refund request in writing, including their name, address, VIN# and dealer name to:

Audi Customer Relations Audi Care Plan
3499 W. Hamlin Road, Rochester Hills, MI 48309"

https://www.audiusa.com/help/maintenance
Old 12-10-2018, 04:10 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=Force-1;25247012]Not true, unless you live in California.

"Can a customer receive a refund...

No. The Audi Care new vehicle scheduled maintenance plan cannot be cancelled and is non- refundable.* No refunds will be given if the lease is terminated early or if the lease term is less than the coverage period.

See your Audi dealer or vehicle maintenance booklet for details.

*Applicable in all states except California. By California State Law, customers must submit their refund request in writing, including their name, address, VIN# and dealer name to:

Audi Customer Relations Audi Care Plan
3499 W. Hamlin Road, Rochester Hills, MI

yes I live in CA wasn't aware of that thank you
Old 12-11-2018, 12:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

How much is the 2nd and 3rd visits for 20k/30k factory recommended maintenance? It was a pleasant surprise that 1st one was free.