Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Car Play and Parking Sensors

Old 02-12-2018, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Booked in for my 10k service next week, I'll report back after. This is top of my short list of grips about a car I love, its infuriating.
Old 02-13-2018, 07:08 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I posted this in another section but figured I would add it here. Still, have the same problem with the proximity sensors, but this is working for me so far. CarPlay dropping out is annoying! I noticed that with iOS 11.2 that Carplay would disconnect a lot. Tonight, I tried some things in the connection manager. In the Settings, Connection Manager, under MMI Connect App, I de-selected my iPhone from it. This seemed to make Carplay more stable. However, I did notice that when the proximity sensors and popup graphic show up, that I am not able to get back to CarPlay. I have to go back to the connection manager and select my iPhone under Audi Smartphone. I am attaching a picture of the selection screen in the MMI Connection manager to show the "Not Connected" status of the MMI connect App.

NOT selecting a mobile device or the MMI connect App selection appears to reduce the amount of CarPlay drops. It does drop out when the proximity sensors come on. You can get back to CarPlay (at this time) by re-selecting your iPhone in the Connection Manager (at least for me on my 2017 Q7)
Hopefully, there will be some software updates in both the MMI as well as iOS that might fix this. This is the best that I could find right now. If anything else changes or improves I will update my post.
Old 02-23-2018, 05:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default CarPlay

I’m taking my vehicle in next week for 10k service. This is one of the issues on my list. Has anyone had any luck with a fix from the dealer?
Old 02-23-2018, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Good luck!

Originally Posted by jjobev
I’m taking my vehicle in next week for 10k service. This is one of the issues on my list. Has anyone had any luck with a fix from the dealer?
I took mine in for some squealing breaks (brand new car) when going backward in temperatures under 61 degrees. I also had complained about the graphics mode coming on after I had selected the camera mode. I was told there was a new update, which was installed, my parking sensors sensitivity seems to have decreased, and the CarPlay issue is still happening. I thought I had a fix with my previous post but that isn't working. I am not sure if the MMI needs an upgrade or if there is an issue with iOS. For the last few days, I haven't plugged my phone in at all. I am a recording engineer with the Premium Plus Q7 and basic radio (ICK!!!!) so it's pretty quiet in my car! Of course, without plugging in, I have no issues! I do hope that maybe with this newer version of iOS 11 coming out maybe, just maybe there will be a fix. I have heard of other vehicle owners complaining about connectivity issues with CarPlay. Definitely, bring it up and see what they say.
Old 02-23-2018, 06:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have noticed that people are having the same problems on the Q5 forums and haven’t seen any true solutions there either.
Old 02-24-2018, 04:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

If you play Apple music through your phone, do you still have problems? I haven’t had any issues with CarPlay, but I always use it for music (or podcasts, or Sirius (through the phone))
Old 02-24-2018, 04:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

My problems are across the board of all options on CarPlay. Used to work perfectly since July, But over the last 2 months I started having intermittent problems with the sensors making it so CarPlay screen couldn’t be accessed. Now it is every time. Also now even using the “mode” trick doesn’t always work. Is also had an issue earlier in the week where I couldn’t get any audio sound through the speakers from any source. Eventually started working after driving for an hour with no music and then parking and starting car again. Very frustrating. I re set the MMI multiple times with no luck and had tried parking and restarting the car shortly after the problem started but was driving to a meeting and didn’t have time to mess around. I actually think this is triggered when trying to use Waze as that is when I’ve had the no sound problem before but only intermittent.
Old 02-24-2018, 06:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

I assume you’ve already done this... but I would remove the phone from the car system, remove the car from your phone, change lightening cables, maybe even change ports in the car, reset the car memory (remove all contacts, phones, etc)... and start all over. Just to make sure it isn’t something simple messed up
Old 03-03-2018, 01:41 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default same problem with CarPlay and parking mode - reply from dealer

I have the same problem with parking mode and CarPlay on my 2018 S5. Took it to dealer three times before they could admit its a problem with the car. They said that they contacted Audi about it and its being worked on.

Here's the service summary:

Let me know if anyone hears anything!

J
Old 03-03-2018, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

I had my 10k service and received similar message. I talked to Shop Foreman and he said it is a known issue and audi is working on it and I will be notified once there is a fix.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Car Play and Parking Sensors