Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Carat Beige Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 01:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Carat Beige Anyone?

Hi Guys, I just ordered my P+ in Graph Gray but i'm interested in seeing the Carat Beige, i still have time to change the order... That color is like a Unicorn because I cant find it anywhere.

Does anyone have one or can post a good pic of one? The ones that google webs show look gray more than anything..

Thanks!
Old 03-30-2016, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I actually ordered it and saw the car in showroom. Don't have picture. In direct sunlight it actually looks like a tanned silver metallic. Indoor it shows greenish/yellowish cast. My wife did not like it in the beginning. We're going to check the showroom one more time this weekend, since other colors with the same configuration are available. I'll have some pictures after.
Old 03-30-2016, 02:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I like colors like Carat Beige. It is not silver but with hint of beige. Something different than the ordinary. Dust and dirt won't be too noticeable on beige colors. It is unique because very few people go for it. I think your choice works well for the MK2 Q7.
Old 03-30-2016, 03:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What interior color looks best with Carat Beige?
Old 03-30-2016, 03:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

I would say any, except for Pistachio Beige.
Old 03-30-2016, 03:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

We're doing black wood/black leather. Dealer had one available for April delivery but was Carat Beige / Brown Wood / Brown Leather. Kids are going in our back seats so BLK is a must.
Old 03-30-2016, 03:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by plat27265
I like colors like Carat Beige. It is not silver but with hint of beige. Something different than the ordinary. Dust and dirt won't be too noticeable on beige colors. It is unique because very few people go for it. I think your choice works well for the MK2 Q7.
It's a nice color indeed, but in my case the problem is that my wife hates green color, and Carat Beige shows green tint under fluorescent lighting. I'm trying to convince her that green shows only in specific conditions and otherwise it's more like a tanned silver.
Old 03-30-2016, 03:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by alex904
It's a nice color indeed, but in my case the problem is that my wife hates green color, and Carat Beige shows green tint under fluorescent lighting. I'm trying to convince her that green shows only in specific conditions and otherwise it's more like a tanned silver.
Bring the car out of the showroom and under daylight. It's real characteristic should come out. I am sure your salesman can accommodate this kind of request. The color temperature of the fluorescent lights is the one creating the greenish hue especially if they're the soft white variety. If you use fluorescent lights in your garage, make sure they're all the Daylight variety. Tell her that she's going to see the car under broad daylight and not in the showroom most of the time once you take possession of it.
Old 03-30-2016, 04:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Found a video of the unicorn in the S version but I still need to see it in person

Old 04-06-2016, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by alex904
I actually ordered it and saw the car in showroom. Don't have picture. In direct sunlight it actually looks like a tanned silver metallic. Indoor it shows greenish/yellowish cast. My wife did not like it in the beginning. We're going to check the showroom one more time this weekend, since other colors with the same configuration are available. I'll have some pictures after.
Ever get any pics? I changed my order from the P+ to the Prestige still keeping Graph Gray until i can see a CB in person. Still have a little over 2wks to change mind about color.

Quick Reply: Carat Beige Anyone?