AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q7 MKII Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/)
-   -   Childproof Catch: malfunction! (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/childproof-catch-malfunction-2901591/)

Joe1351 06-02-2016 11:51 AM

Childproof Catch: malfunction!

1 Attachment(s)
Started seeing this message since morning. What does it means? Is it something major that required immediate attenation? I have planning on taking it to dealer when 5K miles service is due.

Thanks

Joe

NABS4 06-02-2016 12:19 PM

If you don't use the child locks I'm sure you can wait until the 5k service.

jetjock3315 06-02-2016 01:54 PM

Isn't the Q7's first scheduled service now pushed out to 10K?

zekeman 06-02-2016 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by jetjock3315 (Post 24819619)
Isn't the Q7's first scheduled service now pushed out to 10K?

Correct.

mrp0rky 09-08-2018 02:02 PM

need to revive this topic.. Has anyone have had this warning message? this message came on earlier today and stayed there after 3 engine restart.. after the 4th one it went away but at the same time the person that was sitting at that side has gone out.. and since then the message has not yet came up.. i have called it in, and i do have an appointment this Wednesday to get this check by the service department.. also 2 weeks ago i also got a random airbag malfunction warning..

Corgiman 09-09-2018 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by mrp0rky (Post 25207788)
need to revive this topic.. Has anyone have had this warning message? this message came on earlier today and stayed there after 3 engine restart.. after the 4th one it went away but at the same time the person that was sitting at that side has gone out.. and since then the message has not yet came up.. i have called it in, and i do have an appointment this Wednesday to get this check by the service department.. also 2 weeks ago i also got a random airbag malfunction warning..

Not sure about the childproof locks. The airbag indicator is a recent recall.

stevekstevek 02-03-2024 02:12 PM

Reviving this one

I have a 2018 q7 with the same error message. When the message first came up, I didn’t notice any other problems, but now a few days later, the rear doors — both of them doing the same thing, seem to be “stuck” in childproof mode (the rear door window switches don’t work, and the doors set themselves to be unable to open from the inside).

Some observations:
  • even if I manually turn the child lock toggle on the side of the door, it resets automatically to child-lock when I close the door.
  • The child lock indicators on the drivers door are not illuminated. Pressing them makes a noise happen in the door, but no light.
  • I suspect some kind of low voltage condition may have triggered this (which I’ve seen listed as a cause in other threads).

I am on the original battery which is around 6y old, and have had some other intermittent issues which could be related, so I might change the battery. But I’m not sure how to “reset” this, since it’s been giving this error continuously for a few days. I have Carista, and it scans many of the CAN modules, but interestingly not the rear door modules. I’m not sure if it’s one of them, or a central locking module, or maybe even something in the drivers door that’s unhappy.

I’d prefer not to shell out $500 at the dealership for diagnosis :)