Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

collision avoidance / automatic braking features

Old 04-24-2016, 06:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
US cars. It's came from what Audi sends to dealers for training. I just shortened and paraphrased it.
Thanks! Any chance you can post the actual document?
Old 04-24-2016, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by RickObe
Thanks! Any chance you can post the actual document?
Sorry, but we can't post dealer training material.
Old 04-24-2016, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by syswei
Thanks for the info, folks. It is disappointing to me that Audi for the US market would castrate already-developed technologies that are enabled elsewhere. Maybe something to do with fear of litigation if they claim high-speed functionality but then it doesn't work perfectly?

Anyway I thought the Q7 would be a slam-dunk purchase decision, but now an X5 is possible, and my wife now wants to test drive a Tesla S.
Might sound a bit cynical but I believe that they hold back full functionality of collision avoidance technology solely to have something to give as an "upgrade" for next years model. Add Pre sense Plus, remap the engine's ECU to give 25 hp more, add a few additional available colors and you've got the 2018 Audi Q7.
Old 04-24-2016, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I baswd my comment on this:

https://www.audiusa.com/newsroom/new...ng-for-2017-Q7

Audi USA:Available Audi pre sense plus (part of Driver Assistance package) supplements Audi pre sense city with a collision warning, as well as emergency braking up to 137 mph.
In the case of an impending accident, Audi pre sense® basic can intervene to prepare the vehicle for impact. This process includes closing the side windows and panoramic sunroof, pretensioning the front safety belts, and preparing the brake system for a quicker response during an unexpected or emergency maneuver
Standard Audi pre sense city detects cornering and stationary vehicles as well as pedestrians, at speeds of up to 52 mph and initiates full braking when a potential collision is detected

Either press mayerial is false, or there is auto brske with driver assistance package.

Last edited by kip1; 04-24-2016 at 09:16 AM.
Old 04-24-2016, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kip1
I baswd my comment on this:

https://www.audiusa.com/newsroom/new...ng-for-2017-Q7

Audi USA:Available Audi pre sense plus (part of Driver Assistance package) supplements Audi pre sense city with a collision warning, as well as emergency braking up to 137 mph.
In the case of an impending accident, Audi pre sense® basic can intervene to prepare the vehicle for impact. This process includes closing the side windows and panoramic sunroof, pretensioning the front safety belts, and preparing the brake system for a quicker response during an unexpected or emergency maneuver
Standard Audi pre sense city detects cornering and stationary vehicles as well as pedestrians, at speeds of up to 52 mph and initiates full braking when a potential collision is detected

Either press mayerial is false, or there is auto brske with driver assistance package.
Search for recent thread about pre sense plus. US 2017 Q7 DAP does not contain pre sense plus. Audi literature pertains to what is available in Q7's in some countries.

I don't know what else to say. If you read other posts you will know pre sense plus is not included. But if you want to believe it is included then go ahead....hopefully you'll never have occasion to find out
Old 04-24-2016, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

I live in Finland, and this is included so no problem for me, but dont you guys sue for smaller things 😉

Last edited by kip1; 04-24-2016 at 09:59 AM.
Old 04-25-2016, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 04-25-2016, 06:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by kip1
I live in Finland, and this is included so no problem for me, but dont you guys sue for smaller things 😉
Despite Finland being such a small market? Its time Audi start showing some respect to its biggest market.
Old 04-26-2016, 01:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ven7782
Despite Finland being such a small market? Its time Audi start showing some respect to its biggest market.
We have the same equipment as Germany and the Audi pre sense front, as it is called here, is available as partof an optional Assistance package Tour.
Old 04-27-2016, 09:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ven7782
I'm not sure it's right to (only) blame Audi. Antiquated US regulations also forbid, for instance, Matrix LEDs. Why would Audi not to want its US customers getting these as well as full pre-sense, full parking assist etc.? I personally suspect silly US legal regulations and considerations in that regard as main obstacles, however, I obviously can't prove that.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: collision avoidance / automatic braking features