Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Dealer blames me for a problem they can't fix.

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2018, 05:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AUDI, or any company for that matter will always tell you not to get anyone else involved and take them at their word. Always get a second opinion.
Old 04-28-2018, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Making appointment to talk with the GM of my dealer.
Old 05-09-2018, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

GM of the dealer just refers me back to the service manager who's nice on the phone but doesn't follow up. Said he would set up a meeting with the Regional Field Engineer. Bottom line is after keeping the car more than a month and replacing everything in the door and still not solving the problem the official AoA response is the car is ok and I'm the problem.
"Thank you for sharing the previous invoice as well as allowing time to conduct our due-diligence.

Upon further review with our Product Team, the mention of error would be in reference to attempts to utilize the features outside of the parameters that the features operate at. This could be, but not limited to pulling the door closed to just the first detent while still outside of the requirements for the soft close features to pull the door closed. Our Technical Field Manager who was previously present at the dealership during diagnosis found the vehicle to be operating as per design, and functioning as it should.

I understand that you are dissatisfied with our position however the vehicle is operating as intended and within the manufacturer specifications."

This will be my last Audi.
Old 05-09-2018, 05:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Corgiman
GM of the dealer just refers me back to the service manager who's nice on the phone but doesn't follow up. Said he would set up a meeting with the Regional Field Engineer. Bottom line is after keeping the car more than a month and replacing everything in the door and still not solving the problem the official AoA response is the car is ok and I'm the problem.
"Thank you for sharing the previous invoice as well as allowing time to conduct our due-diligence.

Upon further review with our Product Team, the mention of error would be in reference to attempts to utilize the features outside of the parameters that the features operate at. This could be, but not limited to pulling the door closed to just the first detent while still outside of the requirements for the soft close features to pull the door closed. Our Technical Field Manager who was previously present at the dealership during diagnosis found the vehicle to be operating as per design, and functioning as it should.

I understand that you are dissatisfied with our position however the vehicle is operating as intended and within the manufacturer specifications."

This will be my last Audi.
I'd say it's time to consult a lawyer. Most lawyers will give the first consultation as a free service. They will separate emotion from fact. You may still not like the answer they give you, but at least you will have an unbiased opinion and will know your options.
Old 05-09-2018, 05:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by nokfromapp
I'd say it's time to consult a lawyer. Most lawyers will give the first consultation as a free service. They will separate emotion from fact. You may still not like the answer they give you, but at least you will have an unbiased opinion and will know your options.
It’s a lease car half way through it’s term. Not sure I want to go to the trouble. The fact is the doors worked until they repaired other issues and replaced the soft close mechanism and flashed some software. They have never worked correctly since.