Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Do New Audi Q7 Require Software Updates???

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 09:03 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do New Audi Q7 Require Software Updates???

Hi all,

Purchased a the new Audi Q7 last week. My car is sitting on a service bay, the dealer tells me that it requires a software update and they are having issues getting the compatible software from Germany. It is Monday here now and they have been working on it since Wednesday last week. The service manager tells met that there are some warning lights, so they need to do this software update and need to wait for some codes to come from Germany as well.

I am concerned that they are covering up another issue.

I wanted to ask you guys if their is such a thing as a software update for the new Q7.

Thank you advance.
Old 04-11-2016, 02:10 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi all,

Just realised the number of mistakes in the above message

Take II

Hi all,

Purchased a the new Audi Q7 last week. My car is sitting on a service bay at the dealers service centre. The dealer tells me that the car requires a software update and they are having issues getting the compatible software from Germany. It is Monday here now and they have been working on it since Wednesday last week. The service manager tells me that there are some warning lights, so they need to do this software update and they also need to wait for some ‘codes’ to come from Germany as well.

I am concerned that they are covering up another issue with the car as it is a demonstrator model.

I wanted to ask you guys if there is such a thing as a software update for the new Q7.

Thank you in advance.
Old 04-11-2016, 03:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 244 Likes on 188 Posts

There are software updates all the time. Some to fix issues, some to introduce new features, some that install quickly and some cause all kinds of issues up to the need to replace hardware components. Without more details it hard to tell how serious it might be.

If you have already purchased the car I would ask the Service Advisor or Sales guy to go with you to your car and let him show you what they are working on. If they tell you they can't show you the car because you can't go in there I would cancel the purchase because the can't produce the car that you purchased. But if you can see the car and it's not taken apart like is came out of the spray booth I wouldn't worry too much since warranty will cover all electronic issues for the next several years.
Old 04-11-2016, 04:44 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thank you for your reply. I have paid for the car. They let me see the car in the service area last week, but they had not started any work. They informed me that they are waiting for the software.

My concern is that they are not very open about what is going on. Every time I call, they tell me that they need to talk to the service department but they never call back.

This is my first Audi and the customer service has been extremely poor.

I have only dealt with the sales people. I will be contacting the service department directly tomorrow.
Old 04-11-2016, 04:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by MarcoPolo-Au
Thank you for your reply. I have paid for the car. They let me see the car in the service area last week, but they had not started any work. They informed me that they are waiting for the software.

My concern is that they are not very open about what is going on. Every time I call, they tell me that they need to talk to the service department but they never call back.

This is my first Audi and the customer service has been extremely poor.

I have only dealt with the sales people. I will be contacting the service department directly tomorrow.
What country are you in? Here in the USA, you can call AudiUSA and if you are getting lack of response from the dealership, they will intervene on your behalf.
Old 04-11-2016, 04:50 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I'm in Australia