Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

"Document" Fee

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 02:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Document" Fee

Who has paid it on the new Q7 and if so, how much has it been. Local dealer is trying to stiff it to me with stupid BS that it is a fee required by corporate Audi. I know that is a load of crap, but not sure how much bargaining power I have. I need a car inside three months and I need to order one since what I want is not going to show up on the lot in that time frame. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 01-11-2016, 06:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

What New Car Fees Should You Pay? on Edmunds.com
Old 01-11-2016, 06:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yes. Aware of that. Hence my "BS" comments. But if I have no other options to get the car in the time frame, that does not help me. Comments from members that their delearship did not charge the fee is at least hard evidence to show the guy that he should drop it and stop lying. However that does not change that fact that I still need a car. He is refusing to drop it, so right now my options are to try to get the car farther away - which will be a pain in the *** - or suck it up.
Old 01-11-2016, 07:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Have you tried asking for more discount off MSRP to offset the document fee? I know this fee is BS. Dealers charge buyers $250 to $400 for documents that only cost $10 and a few minutes to fill up using a computer and printer. If the dealership does not want you to touch the documentation fee, go around and ask for more discount off MSRP. If not, try another dealership. I know some members here in the forum were able to negotiate with a dealer through internet, email, and phone. If you know what you want and how much you want to pay for it, I believe, if you live in the US, dealerships will work with you on the phone/email.
Old 01-11-2016, 07:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Zoef1996
Who has paid it on the new Q7 and if so, how much has it been. Local dealer is trying to stiff it to me with stupid BS that it is a fee required by corporate Audi. I know that is a load of crap, but not sure how much bargaining power I have. I need a car inside three months and I need to order one since what I want is not going to show up on the lot in that time frame. Thanks for the feedback.
How much are they trying to charge you?
Z
Old 01-12-2016, 02:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Almost 800. It is really pissing me off. I told him to take it off and he refused. He also refused to move on the sticker. Basically it is a take it or leave it game. This is a production week 5 car. I have a car on lease that needs to go back at 36k miles (I am at 30k and drive 1500 to 2000 a month). So I have three to four months.

I have called all the other dealerships in south FL. Half of them have not even bothered to call me back. There is one wirh a production week 9 car that is a five hour round trip to pick up the car. They are asking for a 700 document fee. I have not tried to negotiate with them because driving that far is not worth the effort for me and the other car is closer.

I love Audi and I am a current owner but the south FL dealers sure suck!
Old 01-12-2016, 02:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Almost 800. It is really pissing me off. I told him to take it off and he refused. He also refused to move on the sticker. Basically it is a take it or leave it game. This is a production week 5 car. I have a car on lease that needs to go back at 36k miles (I am at 30k and drive 1500 to 2000 a month). So I have three to four months.

I have called all the other dealerships in south FL. Half of them have not even bothered to call me back. There is one wirh a production week 9 car that is a five hour round trip to pick up the car. They are asking for a 700 document fee. I have not tried to negotiate with them because driving that far is not worth the effort for me and the other car is closer.

Wow, that's crazy on both the doc. fee and that they won't move off sticker. In the Edmunds link I provided earlier, I see that FL has the highest avg doc fees @ around $670 for whatever reason - I've never been charged more than $300 for doc. fees by any dealer.

I'm sure you considered this, but will the dealer honor the 6% Audi Club discount if you get a lifetime membership?
Old 01-12-2016, 03:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

In order for the 6% discount to apply, you need to be a member 6 mths prior to the purchase date of the car. I checked on that as a discount option but it is too late for me to use that. I am trying to play two local dealers off each other in the hope that one will budge, but the other local dealer is not even interested in trying to order me the car I want. He keeps asking me if he can find it and trade for it. My specs did not come in the first wave to ANY dealer in the US (silver/brown). So customization is my only route.
Old 01-12-2016, 05:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If Florida is notorious for high doc fees, I would simply look at an adjoining state and shop there. FWIW, I find Houston has (or had) a huge number of Q7's at the 3 big dealerships there, apparently because Houston is a port of entry into one of Audi's regions. Isn't Charleston a similar port of entry? Have you checked? It seems they aren't calling you back because they know they have a hot commodity on their hands which the public is wanting/interested in, and they know they can charge that much doc fee because usually no one quibbles over it. I paid $199 doc fee and didn't blink simply because it's a drop in the bucket on an $85K car. No way I would be buying a car in Florida if they have doc fees averaging that much.
Z
Old 01-12-2016, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In order for the 6% discount to apply, you need to be a member 6 mths prior to the purchase date of the car. I checked on that as a discount option but it is too late for me to use that. I am trying to play two local dealers off each other in the hope that one will budge, but the other local dealer is not even interested in trying to order me the car I want. He keeps asking me if he can find it and trade for it. My specs did not come in the first wave to ANY dealer in the US (silver/brown). So customization is my only route.
6 month wait is waived if you pay for lifetime membership.

Quick Reply: "Document" Fee