Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Does Driver Assistance Package include pre sense plus and what does presense plus do?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2016, 05:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does Driver Assistance Package include pre sense plus and what does presense plus do?

Does the Driver Assistance Package for the 2017 Q7 include pre sense plus? It is listed in some places but not others under Driver Assistance Package. It is notably absent under Driver Assistance Package in Audi's "Build Your Own" application. Further, does pre sense plus include "full braking to 137 mph" as indicated in early release literature? I have not been able to find this anywhere else in later literature online.

Early release (November) announcement from Audi also indicated the pre sense basic would bring car to full stop at speeds up to 52 mph, but an Audi video I found online said full stop to 25 mph. Which is correct?

Trying to decide if I want to add DAP.
Old 02-27-2016, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NPKR
Early release (November) announcement from Audi also indicated the pre sense basic would bring car to full stop at speeds up to 52 mph, but an Audi video I found online said full stop to 25 mph. Which is correct?
I noticed that too. The Audi video indeed says "25mph", but the Consumer Report's video says "52mph" which I believe they got the number from Audi.
Old 02-27-2016, 09:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Does the Driver Assistance Package for the 2017 Q7 include pre sense plus? It is listed in some places but not others under Driver Assistance Package. It is notably absent under Driver Assistance Package in Audi's "Build Your Own" application. Further, does pre sense plus include "full braking to 137 mph" as indicated in early release literature? I have not been able to find this anywhere else in later literature online.

Trying to decide if I want to add DAP.
I am not sure but I can say the DAP is well worth the money
Old 02-27-2016, 09:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by discogone
I noticed that too. The Audi video indeed says "25mph", but the Consumer Report's video says "52mph" which I believe they got the number from Audi.
Audi's 2017 Q7 online brochure says emergency braking to 52 mph. So maybe Audi's video is incorrect.

I'm torn about DAP. I don't dispute that for many it will be very useful and I don't want to get into whether or not DAP is a good thing. But for me, the only thing I would like to have is the collision mitigation with emergency braking. I already have adaptive CC on two cars and my wife and I don't like using it. So if the included standard Pre Sense Basic on the Prestige already does it to 52 mph I probably won't add Pre Sense Plus. I have limited time to change my european delivery order, if needed.

If anyone else who knows the definitive answer to these questions can weigh in it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-27-2016, 11:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

I just checked my manual online. i have DAP. The term presense plus doesn't show up anywhere. It only says presense basic. Note I searched just for the word "plus."

That plus the fact that presense plus isn't listed under DAP on the website, leads me to believe that DAP doesn't upgrade the Presense in any manner.
Old 02-28-2016, 06:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

The Audi Order Guide lists DAP as including
- Audi adaptive cruise control with Traffic jam assist
- High beam assistant
- Traffic sign recognition
- Audi active lane assist

The last one is not listed in the online build tool.

The PDF Product Brochure lists all of the above plus:
- Audi pre sense® plus
- Collision avoidance assist

The dealer Product Info Book has quite a bit more info. See attached (had to zip it since PDFs are not allowed as attachments here).

My take from this is the Pre Sense City works up to 52 mph, but since it can only reduce speed by 25mph, it can only completely avoid collisions below that speed. Seems as though Pre Sense Plus brings the system up to 130mph (because it has the CC radar sensors to work with) and also gets you Collision Avoidance Assist and Turn Assist (see details attached).
Attached Files
File Type: zip
Product Info Book 20-23.pdf.zip (1.29 MB, 264 views)
Old 02-28-2016, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Think I found the answer. Canada gets Drivers Assistance Pkg Plus, which contains pre sense plus, but US does not. We only get the DAP pkg which does not include pre sense plus. Not sure why we don't get it here in US.

Canada build tool shows this option:

1 - Engine > The all-new 2017 Audi Q7 > Audi Canada
Old 02-28-2016, 12:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Think I found the answer. Canada gets Drivers Assistance Pkg Plus, which contains pre sense plus, but US does not. We only get the DAP pkg which does not include pre sense plus. Not sure why we don't get it here in US.

Canada build tool shows this option:

1 - Engine > The all-new 2017 Audi Q7 > Audi Canada
Sucks we didn't get all the good stuff.
Old 02-28-2016, 04:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 85 Likes on 51 Posts

From the Q7 Brochure (AoA1616836) page 15:

Driver Assistance package
> Audi adaptive cruise control with stop & go and traffic jam assist
> Audi pre sense® plus
> Collision avoidance assist
> Audi active lane assist
> Traffic sign recognition
> High-beam assistant

Audi Press Release https://www.audiusa.com/newsroom/new...ng-for-2017-Q7:

"Available Audi pre sense plus (part of Driver Assistance package) supplements Audi pre sense city with a collision warning, as well as emergency braking up to 137 mph."

Last edited by Lookout57; 02-28-2016 at 04:37 PM.
Old 02-29-2016, 04:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

The Product Info Book I posted earlier is from Audi of America and specifically references the order code (PCU) for the DAP where it mentions that PreSense Plus is included. So I think @Lookout57 has it right; we do get PreSense Plus with the DAP.

Quick Reply: Does Driver Assistance Package include pre sense plus and what does presense plus do?