Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Does Driver Assistance Package include pre sense plus and what does presense plus do?

Old 03-27-2016, 09:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Wouldn't any Audi model today with ACC have Presense Front (to brake the car to a stop up to 137 mph)? Even my 2013 has it as part of my DAP whicj includes ACC.
Old 03-27-2016, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

snagit: Audi literature is very confusing. Who the hell knows.
Old 03-27-2016, 12:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by NPKR
Read all the posts on this thread. Pre sense plus is NOT included in DAP in US 2017 Q7. Even in Canada it is not in DAP but in DAP plus.

This is a confusing area and it is not helpful to anyone on the forum when you post incorrect information. Know what you are saying is correct before you post.

It may be that pre sense basic can completely stop a car only up to 52 mph but will intervene at any speed to slow it down whereas plus can completely stop a car and prevent a collision to 137 mph. I don't know. Audi doesn't explain the exact differences between the two features, or where pre sense basic intervention ends and plus begins. If Crank TT's experience is a result of the pre sense basic feature (and not some other lane assist/ safety feature) it is nice to know that basic will provide some measure of intervention at speeds greater than 52 mph.
Chill dude, I read this whole thread and ALL other Q7 threads in this forum. I said "I assume" Just wanted to make sense (no pun intended) of this feature, I am new to Audi world, but not new to cars or internet :-)

So what you are saying is that there is no way the car will stop (it will apply break but wont completely STOP) if there is an imminent accident if it is going above 54 mph?
Old 03-27-2016, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is the info from the owners manual. Presense front is part of the ACC (part of DAP).
Old 03-27-2016, 03:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Talk about confusing. What functions do you get if you DONT get DAP?
Old 03-27-2016, 03:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What year is the pre sense literature from? Can you provide a link?

One way to interpret this material is that pre sense city gives forward sense to all cars, even if they didn't opt for the DAP with ACC. Thus, all 2017 Q7's might be interpreted to have "pre sense front," whether they have DAP or not because of the new option of pre sense city (which also includes pedestrian detection). It may be that for 2017 onward, at least for Q7, Audi had chosen to give this forward sensing safety feature to all vehicles. However, older Audi models probably didn't have this pre sense front if they didn't opt to buy a package including ACC, which includes pre sense front.

I say the above because, as far as I can tell reading the material cited by jaywagenaar, pre sense front and pre sense city seem to be essentially the same thing.

Again, pre sense plus, whatever additional benefit it conveys above and beyond the features of pre sense city and pre sense front, is not available to US Q7.
Old 03-27-2016, 03:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by A4rooster
Talk about confusing. What functions do you get if you DONT get DAP?
Look at the Audi Q7 build tool. I think it lists four things with DAP. Thats all you get.
Old 07-25-2016, 08:02 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

The way I interpret that with pre-sense front (required ACC; according to p117), it can detect pedestrian or slower vehicle in front of yours by using both ACC radar and camera data) while pre-sense city can detect pedestrian or slower vehicle in front of yours by using front camera data only. They both can initiate partial or full deceleration. The speed ranges for pre-sense front is a bit fuzzy (both urban and rural speed limits?) while pre-sense city is activated within 6 mph to 50 mph. So in a nutshell, pre-sense front (with ACC) covers or overlaps what pre-sense city in terms of forward detection but pre-sense front is "smarter" in situation where camera is not as effective such as low lighting and limited visibility because it leverages both the radar and camera data.
Old 12-21-2016, 05:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Suit

Anyone who expected to have pre sense plus tried pushing the issue with their dealer?

I am considering, strongly,filing a consumer protection action against the dealer and Audi USA for an unfair and deceptive practice.
Old 04-09-2019, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Read through all the above and left feeling quite confused. Just got a 2017 Q7 Prestige with DAS (technically built in December 2015 I believe). On the window sticker from Monterey it mentioned Pre Sense Basic, Pre Sense City, and Audi side assist with pre sense rear but no mention of the most important Plus which would include front at highway speeds compared to city which is lower speeds. Contacted Corporate. At first she said according to the Vin no its not included (only includes Basic, City and Rear. I provided all the documentation including brochures at the time that mention Pre Sense Plus is and even an Audi Pre Release from back then saying the Plus comes with DAS and Prestige. She said she would investigate further will corporate.

They got back a few days later apologizing and saying I'm in fact correct, my USA 2017 Q7 Prestige with DAS does definetly include Pre Sense Plus which means it will actually auto break at those high speeds automatically. She said they changed things in their system in the years since and thus why if people look it up at quick glance it looks like it is not included. This applies at least to my car, not sure if there are are certain years/models/configs that may not include it. But where I saw people saying above that in the USA no Q7's include Pre Sense Plus (aka front breaking at speeds over 52mph) is definitely false. Hope this helps others and if you reach out to Corporate they can lookup your vin to verify for sure for you as well.

Last edited by ChrisCraft; 04-09-2019 at 02:20 PM.