Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

driver side leather wear recommend leather restoration product?

Old 12-03-2018, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default driver side leather wear recommend leather restoration product?

my 2017 q7 has about 37k miles. i noticed recently that the driver seat leather is showing more wear(fraying, discolration) than i expect given the miles. the wear area is on the outer left bottom seat cushion where your rear end would be making contact when you step out of the car.
does anyone have recommendation on a leather product i can use to recondition this leather? on another car, ive used leatherworld tech(https://www.leatherworldtech.com/Lea...it-p/lvrck.htm) products that was a multi-step renewal kit that included a cleaning pad, solution, color/dye, filler if needed and the finished off with seal. wondering what the audi folks use for renewing and/or repairing their leather seats.
thanks

Last edited by venomous99; 12-03-2018 at 12:52 PM.
Old 12-03-2018, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by venomous99
my 2017 q7 has about 37k miles. i noticed recently that the driver seat leather is showing more wear(fraying, discolration) than i expect given the miles. the wear area is on the outer left bottom seat cushion where your rear end would be making contact when you step out of the car.
does anyone have recommendation on a leather product i can use to recondition this leather? on another car, ive used leatherworld tech(https://www.leatherworldtech.com/Lea...it-p/lvrck.htm) products that was a multi-step renewal kit that included a cleaning pad, solution, color/dye, filler if needed and the finished off with seal. wondering what the audi folks use for renewing and/or repairing their leather seats.
thanks
I'd start with the dealer and ask them what they can offer under warranty umbrella. If nothing,...
The best I know of are these:
LRP PRODUCTS | Leatherique Restoration Products
Give them a call and ask what can be done.
Old 12-03-2018, 02:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by venomous99
thanks
A picture would be helpful. If the dye is truly worn off a professional can re-color it. Ultimate solution replace the cover but $$$.