Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Driver Side Window Malfunctioning - Again

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2019, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver Side Window Malfunctioning - Again

2017 Q7. Almost immediately after purchase the drivers window was acting wonky. Going down when the switch was pulled up. Autodown and auto-up disengaging randomly. And on more than one occasion, the window would not go up at all. Leaving me to drive home or to the dealer in the rain or cold with no driver side window. Dealer tried numerous fixes and none lasted, and finally seemed to repair this about a year ago. Yesterday, after opening the window to leave the office parking garage, the window again will not go up. I do not have this problem with the other windows, although they aren't opened and closed nearly as often as the driver side (twice per day).

Is there some kind of reset that can be done? The Q5 thread seems to indicate that there is a similar problem on that model. Is it a software issue? Or a fuse burned out? The switch malfunctioned?

Can't wait to drive this in for service 35 miles in the cold rain tomorrow...
Old 03-06-2019, 12:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by mozzeratti
2017 Q7. Almost immediately after purchase the drivers window was acting wonky. Going down when the switch was pulled up. Autodown and auto-up disengaging randomly. And on more than one occasion, the window would not go up at all. Leaving me to drive home or to the dealer in the rain or cold with no driver side window. Dealer tried numerous fixes and none lasted, and finally seemed to repair this about a year ago. Yesterday, after opening the window to leave the office parking garage, the window again will not go up. I do not have this problem with the other windows, although they aren't opened and closed nearly as often as the driver side (twice per day).

Is there some kind of reset that can be done? The Q5 thread seems to indicate that there is a similar problem on that model. Is it a software issue? Or a fuse burned out? The switch malfunctioned?

Can't wait to drive this in for service 35 miles in the cold rain tomorrow...
https://www.a5oc.com/forums/a5-gener...ic-window.html

might try this procedure. Can’t hurt.
Old 03-06-2019, 10:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine occasionally does the same thing in terms of going all the way down when I try to perform the auto-up function. It happens a few times a month but it isn't as bad as yours; mine will still go all the way up even after this down-error thing happens.