Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Easy entry / exit

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 07:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This feature doesn't work - at least the way it works in most other vehicles. The seat does not move back when you shut the car off. The steering wheel moves such an imperceptible amount that I'm surprised this is actually a 'feature'. I've asked my SA about it and he said that it's working 'normally'. It really doesn't do anything in my opinion. If others have their steering wheels move please chime in.
Old 01-22-2017, 02:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by mwoc
This feature doesn't work - at least the way it works in most other vehicles. The seat does not move back when you shut the car off. The steering wheel moves such an imperceptible amount that I'm surprised this is actually a 'feature'. I've asked my SA about it and he said that it's working 'normally'. It really doesn't do anything in my opinion. If others have their steering wheels move please chime in.
I'd say my steering wheel moves up about 2-3 inches and the seat moves back about 4-5 inches. If I get a chance, I'll try to actually measure sometime.
Old 01-22-2017, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RickObe
I'd say my steering wheel moves up about 2-3 inches and the seat moves back about 4-5 inches. If I get a chance, I'll try to actually measure sometime.
Hi Rick,

Did the setting take effect immediately or did you need the car to fully shutdown or reboot MMI etc?

Thanks
Old 01-22-2017, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Anyone with an OBDEleven near Boston MA
Old 01-22-2017, 01:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

TBH, I'm quickly tiring of this vehicle, where I have to code/hack the system to obtain functions that have been available for decades in other makes (easy exit being one of those), yet Audi is all to happy to give me a DVD player in the glove box so that I can play movies on the MMI screen when I'm not moving. Thanks, Audi.

I mean, WTF, Audi? I would happily give up some of the whiz bang technology in favor of the basics.

I am genuinely happy for those who like this vehicle -- I do find it fun to drive -- but I am increasingly frustrated by its shortcomings. This includes service, where the knuckleheads can't fix simple things without having the car for a week.
Old 01-22-2017, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by srbsq7
Hi Rick,

Did the setting take effect immediately or did you need the car to fully shutdown or reboot MMI etc?

Thanks
I don't remember, but certainly won't hurt to try.
Old 01-23-2017, 04:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mi_sat
TBH, I'm quickly tiring of this vehicle, where I have to code/hack the system to obtain functions that have been available for decades in other makes (easy exit being one of those), yet Audi is all to happy to give me a DVD player in the glove box so that I can play movies on the MMI screen when I'm not moving. Thanks, Audi.

I mean, WTF, Audi? I would happily give up some of the whiz bang technology in favor of the basics.

I am genuinely happy for those who like this vehicle -- I do find it fun to drive -- but I am increasingly frustrated by its shortcomings. This includes service, where the knuckleheads can't fix simple things without having the car for a week.
I agree 100%.

My previous 2 cars were Infiniti M's and the features you are referring to were all there. My wife is looking at a Q5 and trading in her Lexus RX...I'll try and talk her out of it. What is really frustrating is that some of these features can be included as a software update.

I asked before...anyone in Mass have the ODBEleven. I'd be interested in getting the seats to go back when exiting the car.
Old 01-23-2017, 04:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by GBMILTON
I agree 100%.

My previous 2 cars were Infiniti M's and the features you are referring to were all there. My wife is looking at a Q5 and trading in her Lexus RX...I'll try and talk her out of it. What is really frustrating is that some of these features can be included as a software update.

I asked before...anyone in Mass have the ODBEleven. I'd be interested in getting the seats to go back when exiting the car.
Coming from Japanese luxury cars, you will always be disappointing because they really pack in the features. But if you've been driving German for a while, even keyless entry is a huge upgrade, or even a decent cupholder
Old 01-23-2017, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

My steering wheel just move up a tad but from where i stored. Where i have it is close to the top limit, so i dont expect it to do any more moving, also my seat is all the way back so i dont expect to go anymore on exit. But I dont really care about getting out. I just care about getting in and driving it =).
Old 01-23-2017, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I played with all sorts of options over the weekend and after I turn off easy entry/exit and turn on the "save settings to key", it did something. It never retracted back after the car turns off, but it did when I tried to enter into the car.

I do not have OBD11. So maybe I need purchase and try to play with the options. Planning on taking it to the dealer first.

Quick Reply: Easy entry / exit