Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

extended warranty

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2016, 02:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On this issue I did not buy the extended warranty however my finance guy said that I could buy it later through any Audi Dealership.
Old 02-04-2016, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

The Audi warranty is a little different than most. The 7 year/100k term starts from when you buy the warranty not from when the car is put in service. The prices of the warranty are the same until the car reaches 10,000 miles. Therefore it is best to purchase the warranty when you have 9,9xx miles on the car so you can get coverage until 109,9xx miles on the car.
When you are ready to by contact troy at FD warranty (link below). He works at a Ford dealer, but the company he works for owns an Audi dealer as well so it is the same Audi warranty and 100% legitimate.

Factory Discount Warranty
Old 02-04-2016, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Anyone have first hand experience with Fidelity? I have read mixed reviews on them not covering things, denying claims, etc.

The idea of a 3rd party warranty scares me a bit. I wish Audi offered a true bumper to bumper extended warranty direct.
Old 04-26-2016, 05:31 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I picked up my Q7 Prestige yesterday. Based on soundbites heard from here, I went in targeting $3800 for a 7yr, 100k Platinum (bumper-to-bumper) coverage. Told them that I already have arrangements if they can match it great, if not - no thanks.

She indicated that they don't sell the Audi warranty locally there because of issues that they had had with it, but that their extended warranty is through Ally Financial. It is a comprehensive plan and (supposedly) if something isn't on the exclusion list - then it is covered. I read through the policy and it seems to cover similar categories & line items as what I have had with extended warranties in the past.

She matched the price and took another $100 off, so I ended up getting the Ally Financial 'Repair Advantage - Max' policy for $3700. (7yr; 100k miles). I have 60 days to cancel for a full refund.

I also have a quote pending with Factory Discount Warranty.

A month or so ago, I quoted through USAA (which is where I have my 550xi extended warranty) and they basically weren't able to quote the 2017 Q7 model yet. When looking this morning, I can get the same duration (7r, 100k, no deductible) policy for $3350.

So - my dilemma is do I move my policy to USAA to save $350, or do I stick with the one that was recommended at my local dealership for the same coverage? I'm thinking that I'm going to stick with what I have because the dealership is already accustomed to coordinating repairs with that insurance. If push comes to shove, it would be easier down the road to be able to reference "well, I bought the insurance through you". While I do have a USAA policy, I have not yet filed a claim on the policy, so I don't have a reference point of how easy nor difficult it is to integrate and work with.
Old 04-26-2016, 05:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GK12345EMAIL
Do you think your dealer could sell me the extended warranty ?
There was a time when you could find extended warranties on eBay from dealers around the USA. I wonder why they are no longer on there... but as i type this i'm reaching out to a family member who sells Audi's in another state to see if it can be done.
Old 04-27-2016, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default USAA Extended Warranty

Here is the quote I received from USAA. I'm going either with the 2nd or 5th option.
Attached Images  
Old 05-17-2016, 09:00 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

How much is the 4 years of prepaid maintenance?

BTW, car parts generally wear due to mileage, not age. Not sure about Audi but IME the BMW parts tend to start failing in the 60k-100k time span, and much worse past 100k. So probably not worth it unless you are planning to drive 15k per year (tough call for us as we do at least that)
Old 05-18-2016, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Boraxo
How much is the 4 years of prepaid maintenance?

BTW, car parts generally wear due to mileage, not age. Not sure about Audi but IME the BMW parts tend to start failing in the 60k-100k time span, and much worse past 100k. So probably not worth it unless you are planning to drive 15k per year (tough call for us as we do at least that)
Audi gives the first year maintenance for free. I paid $400 for the next 3. You can negotiate the price while buying the vehicle.
Old 05-18-2016, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Audi Extened Liminted Warranty?

Originally Posted by baltfan
Lol. Very true. Platinum protection through Audi. Extends warranty to 7 years/100k
So for Mercedes - I bought the MB ELW from mercedes. If you sell your car before warranty period starts you get a full refund. The MBWorld forum is very helpful as people post the price the agents that go through. You can buy from any dealer.

From what I am reading here: look like the dealer/finnace manager may stand to make more margin if they offer 3rd ELW companies.. true? that's why some don't want to offere the coverage by Audi? Second, it would be good public service annoucement by sharing what plan/coverage/price on the extended warranties out there. And if it's 3rd party, what's their pay success rate/experience? I hear stories that some of them are hard to deal with when you need them or that they are scams to get your moeny and not wanting to pay when you really have an issue.

Interestign to hear that extended warranty is based on when you buy it vs service date... is that really true? MB incentivise to you purchase within the first 30 days, price goes up after 30 days.

Yes, the finnacing manager will try to hose you and not give you a discount if you don't ask. my warranty, 7 year 7500 miles was additonal $1950 from a different dealer (lowest on the forum). but where I bought the car wanted 4900 if you could believe it. The MSRP is by mercedez is only 2400. He doubled it. I didn't even want to argue with him and just thanked him and said no thanks.
Old 05-31-2016, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I went with couple of things here:

7 Yr/70K Miles, $100 Deductible Audi extended warranty for $2395
7 Yr/70K Miles Tire and Wheel protection package (Also includes windshield) from Audi for $999

Does that sound like a fair deal? I believe I can cancel in the first 60 days or so.

Thanks.

Quick Reply: extended warranty