Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Extended Warranty Decision

Old 09-08-2017, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VJ0609
thanks. do you have recent pricing? are prices negotiable or fixed?
I purchased my '18 Q7 in August and the quote I was given by my dealer (Detroit suburb) was for $3,485 for 6 years/100K miles. If I wanted 7/120K the price was $3,625. There was no negotiation in this price, so there might be some additional wiggle room in there, though that's not very likely given what I've read here on the forums.

I put about 20K miles on per year, so I'm considering the 7/120 offer.
I'm in the same boat as you though as I'm not sure if it's worth it. I guess it comes down to fixed cost vs. unknown. I'm leaning towards purchasing it, since there's value in peace of mind.
Old 09-08-2017, 03:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nutcracker1
I purchased my '18 Q7 in August and the quote I was given by my dealer (Detroit suburb) was for $3,485 for 6 years/100K miles. If I wanted 7/120K the price was $3,625. There was no negotiation in this price, so there might be some additional wiggle room in there, though that's not very likely given what I've read here on the forums.

I put about 20K miles on per year, so I'm considering the 7/120 offer.
I'm in the same boat as you though as I'm not sure if it's worth it. I guess it comes down to fixed cost vs. unknown. I'm leaning towards purchasing it, since there's value in peace of mind.
Can you PM me the name/contact info for the dealer?
Old 09-08-2017, 03:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by VJ0609
thanks. do you have recent pricing? are prices negotiable or fixed?
Prices are fixed with Troy buy they are significantly leas than the regular dealers for the same warranty. Go to the website to request a quote or you can call him direct at the number provided.

I am a very pleased customer so that is my motivation to endorse him to all of you.

Grey
Old 09-08-2017, 03:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Actually my dealer quoted a bit cheaper than Troy and I get to take the $100 vanishing deductible.
Old 09-08-2017, 03:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by cguy
Actually my dealer quoted a bit cheaper than Troy and I get to take the $100 vanishing deductible.
Vanishing?
Old 09-08-2017, 03:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yes - if you take $100 ded plan for a 8yr/100K and if you do the warranty repair/service at teh dealer where you purchased the warranty, the deductible is waived.

https://www.audiusa.com/content/dam/...O-Brochure.pdf

Look at page 2.
Old 09-08-2017, 03:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Yes - if you take $100 ded plan for a 8yr/100K and if you do the warranty repair/service at teh dealer where you purchased the warranty, the deductibe is waived.
That's a new one and does make it more enticing to buy from your dealer.

Make sure also you are comparing apples to apples on price. Fidelity warranties are from date/mileage of purchase while Safe-Gard roll back to the in-service date.

Grey
Old 09-08-2017, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Greystoke
That's a new one and does make it more enticing to buy from your dealer.

Make sure also you are comparing apples to apples on price. Fidelity warranties are from date/mileage of purchase while Safe-Gard roll back to the in-service date.

Grey
That's new to me, thank you Grey! What do you think about the Audi branded vs. the Fidelity warranty? Which one is better in terms of when you actually need to use it?
Old 09-08-2017, 07:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

That's new to me, thank you Grey! What do you think about the Audi branded vs. the Fidelity warranty? Which one is better in terms of when you actually need to use it?
Well up until last January Fidelity serviced the extended warranties for Audi and they do their pricing as 0-10k, 10-25k and so on. That is number of miles currently on the vehicle when you buy the warranty. The warranty you buy (like 6y/75k) is from the warranty purchase date and mileage.

Safe-Gard sells their warranties in the more traditional "from in service date" model. So buying a 6y/75k on a vehicle that is 4 years old and has 50k miles only nets you 2y/25k of actual warranty extension. This is why the Safe-Gard warranties are usually cheaper.

Grey
Old 09-08-2017, 09:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I believe in extended warranty. Had it for my last 4 or 5 cars, not to mention my wife's cars. People with extended warranty who are mostly clueless about cars do pay for those with extended warranty who have average to decent knowledge of cars. I tend to count myself among those in the second group. EVERY single extended warranty I bought DID pay back at least 200%. In one particular instance it was a quadruple return. So, the one with basic problem identifying skills wins and one with attitude for having over-insurance pays.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Extended Warranty Decision