Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Ezpass location

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2017, 05:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Thanks for the replies.

BigKutta, thanks for the picture, and I hope I didn't cause you to realize what an eyesore it is from outside, even though you can't really see it from inside. Hey at least you don't have the ugly registration and inspection stickers that we have here, and that's more reason to hate the ugly white box with glue strips showing on you windshield.

Other tri-state fellows, gsobol,
Thanks, I was using my EZ pass and I was told by the EZ pass office that as long as I have my plates and vehicle registered with EZ pass office, the new toll plazas (high speed ones) will be able to catch my plate and link up the EZ pass account, and I would be charged as ezpass amounts, not full amounts.
So it's more reason not to stick the ezpass on your windshield. I called the EZpass office and I asked them if I can just get an exterior tag, she said I can't just call and ask for one (she was mean) if I am not having problems with mine.

I'll try the ezpass behind registration sticker to see if that works, if it works for you guys in storage, should work behind sticker.
Old 11-26-2017, 05:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by hayde_bre
So it's more reason not to stick the ezpass on your windshield. I called the EZpass office and I asked them if I can just get an exterior tag, she said I can't just call and ask for one (she was mean) if I am not having problems with mine.
EZPass customer service is not really known for friendly service . If you really want an exterior tag (although they tend to disappear when parked on NYC streets) just call them and say you are experiencing intermittent problems with your current one and you may have an issue with your new coated windshield which may potentially block the signal and ask for exterior tag (yeah I know all BS, but so is their "service").

You could also try something like this:
Amazon Amazon
Old 11-26-2017, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by hayde_bre
Thanks for the replies.

BigKutta, thanks for the picture, and I hope I didn't cause you to realize what an eyesore it is from outside, even though you can't really see it from inside. Hey at least you don't have the ugly registration and inspection stickers that we have here, and that's more reason to hate the ugly white box with glue strips showing on you windshield.
No, not really. Like I said, until you mentioned it, I had forgotten about it. And its not like I look in that spot anyway when I am out admiring the Q7

Yes, the one good thing about MD is that there are no windshield deacals for anything.
Old 11-26-2017, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I used to live in PA and always hated trying to hide the gigantic EZ Pass. As other have mentioned it would read from within the glove box, but there's always a chance it won't. In Texas we have a tiny sticker as opposed to the large plastic EZ Pass. It's easier to hide the sticker thankfully. Maybe they will transition over to a similar style in the coming years.
Old 11-26-2017, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by AndroidRobot
I used to live in PA and always hated trying to hide the gigantic EZ Pass. As other have mentioned it would read from within the glove box, but there's always a chance it won't. In Texas we have a tiny sticker as opposed to the large plastic EZ Pass. It's easier to hide the sticker thankfully. Maybe they will transition over to a similar style in the coming years.
Here in DC/MD/VA the EZPass transponder has shrunk to half the size as seen in my pictures, used to be double. Would love to have the sticker...
Old 11-26-2017, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by BigKutta
Here in DC/MD/VA the EZPass transponder has shrunk to half the size as seen in my pictures, used to be double. Would love to have the sticker...
I have a newer one from 2015? It's fairly small, but dwarfs my current toll tag. I wonder if you can take it apart and remove the antenna to save space.
Old 11-26-2017, 08:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BigKutta
Here you go. I cannot see it from the drivers seat.
Attachment 91576Attachment 91577
Mine is in the same exact spot!
Old 11-27-2017, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Mine is in a similar spot to BigKutta's (just a bit lower, mirror level) invisible from the driver's seat, but not that' great from the exterior, but it doesn't bother me.
Old 11-28-2017, 10:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

If the EZpass is bothering you from the outside, then you'll never be happy. I never even noticed mine until I went out to take a picture. How do you guys park your Qs on dirty roads? The horror!
Old 11-28-2017, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I can't stand the way they look from the outside either, a buddy of my used PlastiCoat and painted it black, blends in much better IMO. As for parking on a dirty road.... I'd have to drive on a dirty road first, hell, I rarely even take it out in the rain and I still go through the automatic car wash at least 2 times week.

Quick Reply: Ezpass location