Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jetjock3315
Just received the new OBDEleven and entered the following change:

Enable Automatic PDC Front
[09 – Central Elect.] [Coding - 07]
Select Long Coding Helper
Select Bye 37
Check Bit 1

The front sensors are now triggered when I pull into the garage and approach an obstacle.

Only the graphic with sensor "bars" flashing pop up on the main MMI screen. I wish there was a way to trigger the 360 camera view as well.

I'm sure that the answer to this question is obvious to everyone but me, but looking at the Android app in which codes are programmed, where exactly in the app does one enter the above code? Perhaps it's obvious once I press the connect button (my OBDeleven hardware doesn't arrive until tomorrow), but any input you can provide is appreciated.

Thank you.
Old 09-09-2016, 04:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by mi_sat
I'm sure that the answer to this question is obvious to everyone but me, but looking at the Android app in which codes are programmed, where exactly in the app does one enter the above code? Perhaps it's obvious once I press the connect button (my OBDeleven hardware doesn't arrive until tomorrow), but any input you can provide is appreciated.

Thank you.
See this video:

This one has some live examples:

Old 09-09-2016, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Fantastic! Much appreciated.
Old 04-10-2019, 03:26 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PROEDGEBIKER.COM
Mine shows 0443. Hoping I can get this update on Thursday.
Did you ever have this upgrade and confirm if it brought the auto front warning?

As from reading this thread it seems older 2017 models don't have it by default later 2017 models do but no confirmation if upgrading to a newer firmware does it, or if upgrading has no affecft and thus the only option is coding.

If you could confirm if when you had your firmware upgrade if it brought the feature that should help resolve the confusion.
Old 05-01-2019, 01:23 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Was confirmed that the software update alone does not enable the front parking sensors, so for cars such as the very early 2017 Q7s, the only way to enable is via OBDeleven or similar device.

Got one and a 20 dollar android phone and used the in app option to enable the front parking sensors (rather than having to manually type in the few lines of programming). At first it didn't seem to work but what I've discovered is enabling the setting is not the exact same as the results you get from pressing the parking sensor button. That is, if I approach the garage door and click the parking sensor button as soon as it get's somewhat close and the noise warning comes out and it shows the distance in white on the graphic. On the other hand after enabling the setting but not pressing the sensor button manually, if I get the same distance the graphic appears but no noise sounds at that distance when it shows white. If I get very closer and the distance turns red rather than white, then the noise comes on.

So the auto front sensors audio warning are for closer distances than the manual sensor button. I can understand the reasoning since it's probably to avoid false postives, but thought I'd mention since havent heard anyone note on here before that they are different, the only thing I have heard it the camera doesnt turn on automatically which is correct. To note, in my Volvo and BMW the front sensors came on automatically and didn't require getting so closer to come on which I much preferred but maybe there is a coding setting to adjust how soon the alarm sounds, but have not heard of such a setting so far. Hope this helps others.
Old 05-01-2019, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisCraft
Was confirmed that the software update alone does not enable the front On the other hand after enabling the setting but not pressing the sensor button manually, if I get the same distance the graphic appears but no noise sounds at that distance when it shows white. If I get very closer and the distance turns red rather than white, then the noise comes on..
Mine works the same. I like it that way. When trying to close up the gap in traffic to make room for those behind me, I pull up just until the graphic comes on and I don't have to hear the beeping while waiting for the light to change.
Old 03-28-2020, 04:28 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by ChrisCraft
Was confirmed that the software update alone does not enable the front parking sensors, so for cars such as the very early 2017 Q7s, the only way to enable is via OBDeleven or similar device.

Got one and a 20 dollar android phone and used the in app option to enable the front parking sensors (rather than having to manually type in the few lines of programming). At first it didn't seem to work but what I've discovered is enabling the setting is not the exact same as the results you get from pressing the parking sensor button. That is, if I approach the garage door and click the parking sensor button as soon as it get's somewhat close and the noise warning comes out and it shows the distance in white on the graphic. On the other hand after enabling the setting but not pressing the sensor button manually, if I get the same distance the graphic appears but no noise sounds at that distance when it shows white. If I get very closer and the distance turns red rather than white, then the noise comes on.

So the auto front sensors audio warning are for closer distances than the manual sensor button. I can understand the reasoning since it's probably to avoid false postives, but thought I'd mention since havent heard anyone note on here before that they are different, the only thing I have heard it the camera doesnt turn on automatically which is correct. To note, in my Volvo and BMW the front sensors came on automatically and didn't require getting so closer to come on which I much preferred but maybe there is a coding setting to adjust how soon the alarm sounds, but have not heard of such a setting so far. Hope this helps others.
Hey. I bought an OBDEleven and plugged it in. However I do not see where I can change the sensors so that they’ll come on. What app did you use? I don’t see anything that says anything about sensors. Please help if you can.