Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Front rotor aftermarket replacements?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2019, 09:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Front rotor aftermarket replacements?

Hi all,

I will be replacing my front brake rotors. Is it just me, or does the 4M Q7 have no options other than the tirerack Centric and OEM rotors? I find a lot of options for the rear rotors, but nearly nothing for the front rotors.
Old 04-16-2019, 01:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I couldn’t find any either. I only found the rears.
Old 04-16-2019, 05:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 74 Likes on 68 Posts

https://www.powerstop.com/product/po...20front%20disc

Powerstop makes slotted and drilled rotors - but would call them and double check fitment (the site claims they will not fit but the size seems correct)
Old 04-16-2019, 05:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

I found Centric, Stoptech, and EBC but all are 350mm front rotors. OEM is 375mm. Is it okay to use smaller rotors with the OEM brake calipers?
Old 04-16-2019, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 101 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by itiongo
I found Centric, Stoptech, and EBC but all are 350mm front rotors. OEM is 375mm. Is it okay to use smaller rotors with the OEM brake calipers?
That's an inch difference !!! Hell NO !
Old 04-16-2019, 11:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,159 Likes on 907 Posts

if you want a good replacement rotor call up adams rotors. they will custom make one for you and you can get them color coated, drilled, slotted, dimpled, etc.

he's an awesome guy and they have great quality stuff. might be worth it if you want something else other than OEM...
Old 04-16-2019, 11:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mhoran89
if you want a good replacement rotor call up adams rotors. they will custom make one for you and you can get them color coated, drilled, slotted, dimpled, etc.

he's an awesome guy and they have great quality stuff. might be worth it if you want something else other than OEM...
I'm fine with just regular rotors. How much does this, "Adam", guy charge?

Looks like nobody makes the 4M Audi Q7 front rotors. I've confronted the websites and they said, "Sorry, the rotor we listed will not work with the OEM brake calipers." So we are all out of luck for aftermarket front rotors.
Old 04-16-2019, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Did you look at the Zimmermann web site? They have both 349mm(100.3373.20) and 399.5mm(100.3375.75) front brakes rotors
Old 04-16-2019, 11:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tomk
Did you look at the Zimmermann web site? They have both 349mm(100.3373.20) and 399.5mm(100.3375.75) front brakes rotors
I tried it, but didn't see an option to select Q7 as the vehicle.
Old 04-16-2019, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,159 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by itiongo
I'm fine with just regular rotors. How much does this, "Adam", guy charge?

Looks like nobody makes the 4M Audi Q7 front rotors. I've confronted the websites and they said, "Sorry, the rotor we listed will not work with the OEM brake calipers." So we are all out of luck for aftermarket front rotors.
Most likely due to the size of the fronts, they will be something like $750+ for the pair but don't quote me on it.
They are very nice rotors, and you can get upgraded metallurgy for not much more as well.

You can reach out to him using contact info on this page. He's reasonable and understands a lot of our Audi cars have odd-ball size rotors and no aftermarket options.
https://www.adamsrotors.com/contact.html

Give him a shout, he is prompt to get back to people as well.

Here is some info from the site:

1. YOU TELL US HOW YOU WANT THEM!

w/over 17+ patterns, 3 zinc finishes, & 5 hub coatings.the only company giving you options!!!
  • dimpled
  • drilled
  • slotted
  • dimpled/slotted
  • drilled/slotted
  • drill/drill/slot
  • dimple/dimple/slot
  • NEW AR exclusive: speed a multi-slot (must be ordered w/coated hubs)
  • AR exclusive: sport I’s an over-dimple (must be ordered w/coated hubs)
  • AR exclusive: sport II’s an over-slot (must be ordered w/coated hubs)
  • AR exclusive: race our unique double slot (must be ordered w/coated hubs)
  • AR exclusive: street double slot/drill (must be ordered w/coated hubs)
  • AR exclusive: track double slot/dimple (must be ordered w/coated hubs)
  • AR exclusive: drag I, slot/cross hatch (1-piece must be ordered w/coated hubs)
  • AR exclusive: drag II, double slot/cross hatch (1-piece must be ordered w/coated hubs)
  • AR exclusive: drift I, triple curve (1-piece must be ordered w/coated hubs)
  • AR exclusive: drift II, triple curve/slot (1-piece must be ordered w/coated hubs)
  • custom pattern-match rear rotor options for front axle BBK owners (C-hook, J-hook, F-slot, etc.)
again, each set includes a complimentary rust free zinc finish with order...a corrosion protection process/measure.

2. ZINC FINISH (AN ESTHETIC & CORROSION PREVENTATIVE)

add $30 for a f&r set.
gold zinc or black zinc finishes are a subtle, unique, esthetic touch for your rotors that very few offer, while still protecting your rotors from the elements.

3. COATED HUBS (A FINISHED LOOK & CUSTOM OPTION)

add $50 for a f&r set.
black (or red, blue, orange, yellow) hubs gives the looks of a 2-piece rotor and is a clean, polished, finished look.
the rotor is still standard silver zinc dipped first, but with an added matte ceramic-silica coated hub/hat.
this is required with the selection of any of our exclusive patterns.

4. PREMIUM HIGH CARBON IRON (METALLURGY UPGRADE)

add $100 for a f&r set.
we have started to offer a premium grade cast iron option, available for most all applications. standard grade G3000 is great and more than sufficient for most any use, but in some scenario's, a stronger iron is beneficial. reports of longer lasting rotors have been found, ideal for high mileage cars, haulers, or even heavy track goers who really beat up their brakes. it also greatly reduces the worry of pad squeal in cases of high friction with high performance brake pads. the harder iron is stronger and fights warping and cracking concerns, and higher carbon & chromium levels aid in oxidation resistance. another great benefit to the G4000 upgrade, is the price includes a premium black coating on the rotor at no charge.

Quick Reply: Front rotor aftermarket replacements?