Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Galaxy Blue Metallic

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 06:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lectoid
You don't have to provide transport for the car. For European Delivery, you pick it up from the factory and tell them how long you'll be there. Then they give you an address at a port to drop it off, then it takes a boat to your country and then transported to your dealer like it would have.

Your only travel responsibility is getting to the factory, and then getting from the port back to your country.
Ah, well that is very cool!
Old 01-20-2018, 04:44 PM
Audi Q7 Prestige'18 Owner

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Some new photos

I just washed my Galaxy Blue Metallic, and took it down to the beach parking lot to try to capture the true color... again, it is very difficult to capture the color with a snapshot since it changes as you walk around the car... but this is pretty close to the real colors it shows. Bluer sky reflects more blue.

Here is the link to the photo shoot: https://www.audiworld.com/g/album/9038266
Old 01-21-2018, 04:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I like it.

It reminds me a bit of a color we had on a Honda Accord when I was a child - more than 30 years ago.
Old 04-24-2018, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Just signed on one

Pulled the trigger on one of these this weekend.... super stoked. Upgrading from a 2016 Q5 2.0 PP in white/black.
Found a 3.0 Prestige Galaxy Blue w/Black interior and Titanium Optic Package. It's on a truck now. Will provide some pics in a few weeks.
Old 04-24-2018, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by timshuwy
I just washed my Galaxy Blue Metallic, and took it down to the beach parking lot to try to capture the true color... again, it is very difficult to capture the color with a snapshot since it changes as you walk around the car... but this is pretty close to the real colors it shows. Bluer sky reflects more blue.

Here is the link to the photo shoot: https://www.audiworld.com/g/album/9038266
When we were looking at one in the lot this weekend, trying to decide if we liked the color, it was grey and rainy out, and the color was not nearly as dazzling as we expected. It seems it's very dependent on the external light... which is cool.
Old 04-24-2018, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by atmgr
It might sound odd, but the fact that majority of the Q7 buyers won't buy into that color just made it unique. I typically lease for no more than 3 years, so no answer on resale value, etc. It might work even better with the Black Optic package and S-line (in Canada).
I think it's love-or-hate with this color, which will probably make it unique. There aren't a ton of them in the US inventory, and a lot of them have that nougat brown interior, which my wife and I both loathe. Even fewer with the optic package. No S option in USA, although I'm very interested in getting red brakes and full black wheels on this thing if possible.
Old 04-24-2018, 06:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I took delivery of mine about a month ago... It really is hard to capture how beautiful the color is on camera!!! But I've tried with a few pics attached.
Old 04-24-2018, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by bakinmola
I took delivery of mine about a month ago... It really is hard to capture how beautiful the color is on camera!!! But I've tried with a few pics attached.
That's exactly what I have in my mind as to how it'll look in good sun... subtle, and very cool on closer inspection.

Last edited by mcascone; 05-09-2022 at 08:42 AM.
Old 04-24-2018, 08:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by gsobol
Looks familiar, hmm where have I seen this before ..........

Smegma appliances are the best!
Old 04-24-2018, 09:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bakinmola

That color is definitely unique! I like it in the direct sunlight.

Quick Reply: Galaxy Blue Metallic