Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Garage with Rolling Code

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2016, 06:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Garage with Rolling Code

After 1hr of trying, it finally worked, it locked the button to the door, made the door go down, button turned green and thats it.
It does not work again, door does not go up, once i put it up with other remote it will not go down.

Has anyone figured this out?

BTW, I can't get my neighborhood gate remote to sync either...
Old 06-19-2016, 06:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Did you press the learn button on the back of the garage door motor?
Old 06-19-2016, 06:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
Did you press the learn button on the back of the garage door motor?
every time. like i said, it eventually worked and it made the door go down but that was it.
Old 06-19-2016, 07:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a difficult time getting mine done. I ended up calling support for the garage door opener. It seems the instuctions aren't exactly right for the 2017 Q7. My recollection was that each press needed to be like a long second and 3 instead of 2 per instuctions.

It didn't seem like it worked (like on previous vehicles). Gave up and closed using the clicker. Then pressed the button in the Q7 and the garage door opened. Works now but don't know why.

Importantly, before I did the above, I had reset the opener, erasing all previous "paired" remotes. Then, repaired everything. I know for a fact that my opener had a limit of devices paired.
Old 06-20-2016, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I couldn't get my Lift-Master system to work with the car either. I tried using the transmitter near the mirror method and it wouldn't work. I tried pressing my opener system's LEARN button and that would not work either.

What finally ended up working was for me to press the LEARN button on the opener system and then HOLD the Audi #1 garage opener button on the ceiling in until the door eventually started moving. Although the Audi manual tells you to press the button twice for it to accept the code; for me the trick was to hold it continuously. It took about 20 seconds of holding in the button for the car to finally accept the code.
Old 06-20-2016, 09:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I've just gone through this same very frustrating process on 2 Audis. It says to press the button twice (but it doesn't say for how long), so I was doing press, press. What finally worked for me, consistently, is press and hold for 2 seconds, let go, press quickly again. Hope this helps!
Old 06-22-2016, 02:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I just setup my new Q7 paired with Overhead Door openers and actually needed 3 long (2 second) presses of the Homelink button before the doors began responding. I actually called the Homelink 800 number on the setup screen. They said simply to keep making long button presses until the doors respond and some opener brands might take 4 or more presses.
Old 06-22-2016, 04:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ninja agent
I've just gone through this same very frustrating process on 2 Audis. It says to press the button twice (but it doesn't say for how long), so I was doing press, press. What finally worked for me, consistently, is press and hold for 2 seconds, let go, press quickly again. Hope this helps!
This!!!!! I tried so many times before and this worked for me. Looks like the first press is for sending rolling code(keep pressing).
Old 06-22-2016, 05:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

It's been a while since I set it up on my car, not a Q7, but from what I remember I had to press the button until the garage door opener flashed the light indicating that it learned the remote. Short press definitely doesn't work. I also have to hold the button for a second or two before the garage door actually opens or closes, sometimes I have to press it multiple times until the door opens. Homelink seems to be a bit finicky. My other remotes only take a short press of the button and the garage door immediately responds.
Old 07-03-2016, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

what a pain in my ****! Finally got it sync'd, thanks got the tips all of you with rolling codes.
Now just getting it to work is extremely inconsistent. Sometimes it goes down, sometimes it works to go up and sometimes it wants to do nothing at all. I guess i'll just have to pimp the garage door opener in the tiny cupholders.

Quick Reply: Garage with Rolling Code