Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Gas Pedal Feedback < 20 MPH - Clicking Noise

Old 08-18-2016, 04:28 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas Pedal Feedback < 20 MPH - Clicking Noise

Hi Everyone,

My wife and I just bought a 2017 Q7 Prestige with the Driver's Assistance Package. My wife recently noticed an interesting quirk with the car and I was wondering if anyone else has experienced it. We actually took it to service they confirmed all the other Q7s experienced the same thing.

Essentially, when you first start up the car and you accelerate up to ~20-25MPH, the gas pedal will give you a little feedback like tapping and it will actually make a clicking sound 2 times. It's best to turn off all the sound to hear it. The Audi Service Tech ended up testing many other Q7s to replicate it and each one made it. He explained it's an ABS check that happens each time the car ignition is activated. It will only happen if you turn off the engine manually and restart it will always perform this "test."

I just wanted to gut check that with others here to see if they notice the same thing with their Q7s. Thanks!
Old 08-18-2016, 06:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

My car is in the shop right now for what I presume is this noise along with some other rattles including from the inlays.
Old 08-18-2016, 06:45 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Yes I found the same 2 knock in the gas pedal after some meters.

I don't know what is this "test"

If someone have information about it...
Thanks
Old 08-18-2016, 07:14 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Same Thing happened on mine too..I thought because driver select mode cause your pedal soft or hard.
Old 08-18-2016, 08:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

It's very common (I think they all do it) and I believe it's an auto check for one of the vehicle's components (maybe ABS although I don't know why we would feel it the accelerator pedal) checking/initializing or something to that effect.

Last edited by RJC 1; 08-18-2016 at 08:36 PM.
Old 08-19-2016, 01:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Mine makes that two click noise as well.
Old 08-19-2016, 08:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

same here
Old 08-19-2016, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks for the feedback guys, at least we know we're not alone. It's interesting that the clicking is prominent enough to be heard and that there's a bit of peddle feedback. Anyone have any idea what the real reason it does this? As I mentioned the Audi technician said it was running an ABS test, but RJC 1 was right, that's strange that impacts the gas pedal.

Anyone else have this, be interested to hear if they have any root causes, etc. Thanks!
Old 08-19-2016, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't know if this is at all related (by the way I have never heard the clicks), but let's say I am in a parking lot, start the vehicle, lightly push on the gas and than take foot off to coast at a very low speed (5mph or so), I get a feedback almost like the brake is being applied but I am not touching the brake. Rather then a smooth coast from a push of the gas, the car will almost come to a stop unless I touch the gas again. Not sure if it's just a downshift of the transmission, the actual brake, or maybe just normal characteristic of the car. This does not happen once I get moving above a parking lot type crawl speed. Anyone else have this?

Last edited by Meyecul; 08-19-2016 at 02:00 PM.
Old 08-19-2016, 02:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Meyecul
I don't know if this is at all related (by the way I have never heard the clicks), but let's say I am in a parking lot, start the vehicle, lightly push on the gas and than take foot off to coast at a very low speed (5mph or so), I get a feedback almost like the brake is being applied but I am not touching the brake. Rather then a smooth coast from a push of the gas, the car will almost come to a stop unless I touch the gas again. Not sure if it's just a downshift of the transmission, the actual brake, or maybe just normal characteristic of the car. This does not happen once I get moving above a parking lot type crawl speed. Anyone else have this?
Yes, and if I push the gas pedal while that "brake" motion you mentioned is happening, the car will jerk/shake a bit. I asked the dealer to check it out last time, and they said it is normal when the car has not been warmed up yet.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gas Pedal Feedback < 20 MPH - Clicking Noise