Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Getting ready to place an order. Any advice?

Old 03-13-2018, 05:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Force-1
The only reason I ordered the cold weather package on my special order Q7 is my wife wants the rear seat heaters. The all season mats will be tossed into the back room of the garage and most likely never used, same as the all season mats that came with my S5.
Originally Posted by sr007
Completely agree that the Audi all season mats are big improvement over BMW mats. However, the second row mat does not cover the hump (which gets dirty soon when kids are back there) and the mat in the trunk is a joke that always skids around. I tried sticking to the Audi mats for few months and then eventually had to replace them with WT.

Yeah the hump is bare but our rear seats are only used maybe once a week and no kids so no one is even sitting on the hump/middle seat.

I'll see how the OEM all season mats hold up over time. We have them in front and back, obviously, so a closer eye will be on the front seat, especially the driver's.

WT has mats and then another, more expensive option that is more like a tray. We got the latter and it's surprising that it costs so much but literally feels like a tray you'd find in a cafeteria. It fits perfectly but, still, it was $150 for the front liners only. $120 for the Q7 cargo liner.
Old 03-13-2018, 08:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by smacky
Yeah the hump is bare but our rear seats are only used maybe once a week and no kids so no one is even sitting on the hump/middle seat.

I'll see how the OEM all season mats hold up over time. We have them in front and back, obviously, so a closer eye will be on the front seat, especially the driver's.

WT has mats and then another, more expensive option that is more like a tray. We got the latter and it's surprising that it costs so much but literally feels like a tray you'd find in a cafeteria. It fits perfectly but, still, it was $150 for the front liners only. $120 for the Q7 cargo liner.
For those with the WT mats, has anyone tried a color other than black? I currently have the OEM all-weather mats in the 1st and 2nd rows, and a black WT cargo liner in my new Q. When new, I found the black mats slightly jarring against the Cedar Brown leather and "black" (really charcoal) Alcantara, and after a snowstorm, the mats are heavily streaked with salt and grit. I'm wondering if one of the lighter colors would work better with this interior. (From the pics on the WT website, I would probably lean towards the gray. Cocoa seems barely distinguishable from black, and the tan looks dated/cheap, kind of like the color of an old IBM PC. But of course, colors on a website aren't necessarily accurate.)
Old 03-14-2018, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmokitty
For those with the WT mats, has anyone tried a color other than black? I currently have the OEM all-weather mats in the 1st and 2nd rows, and a black WT cargo liner in my new Q. When new, I found the black mats slightly jarring against the Cedar Brown leather and "black" (really charcoal) Alcantara, and after a snowstorm, the mats are heavily streaked with salt and grit. I'm wondering if one of the lighter colors would work better with this interior. (From the pics on the WT website, I would probably lean towards the gray. Cocoa seems barely distinguishable from black, and the tan looks dated/cheap, kind of like the color of an old IBM PC. But of course, colors on a website aren't necessarily accurate.)
I have cocoa WT mats in the first and second rows as well as the cargo mat in my wife's Q7 with the pistachio interior. The color matches well with the color of the dash and tops of the doors. We prefer this over the black OEM mats as well as the tan WT's. I had seen some pics with the tan WT's in the pistachio interior and personally didn't care for the combination