Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

GLE?

Old 05-19-2019, 05:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 99 Likes on 71 Posts
Default GLE?

was looking at specs of the new GLE450 and it seems impressive. It now has the same towing capacity as Q7/Cay and has more HP/torq than both with a 3.0 engine.
Not on the market for a new vehicle but wouldlook into it if I was.
Old 05-19-2019, 07:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was excited for the new GLE until I saw one is person. The Q7 has the best towing capacity even more than a RR.
Old 05-20-2019, 05:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

I think the GLE is certainly worth consideration now. I havent sat in one yet, but its a big upgrade
Old 05-20-2019, 08:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by BigKutta
I think the GLE is certainly worth consideration now. I havent sat in one yet, but its a big upgrade
Very High Tech looking. I am kinda surprised more manufacturers have not gone to the Tesla-esque LCD displays for most everything. The current Q7 is kinda halfway there. Given how cheap display tech has gotten, it can't cost that much more than old style.
Old 05-20-2019, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Astropup
Very High Tech looking. I am kinda surprised more manufacturers have not gone to the Tesla-esque LCD displays for most everything. The current Q7 is kinda halfway there. Given how cheap display tech has gotten, it can't cost that much more than old style.
Looks like MB has embraced the large screen, now putting two next to each other for a pretty wide screen
Old 05-20-2019, 01:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 101 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Astropup
You would be surprised how much a proper automotive screen can cost, and no, Tesla shouldn't be used as a GOOD example. https://www.thedrive.com/tech/27989/...-grade-matters
Old 05-20-2019, 02:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by BigKutta
Looks like MB has embraced the large screen, now putting two next to each other for a pretty wide screen
I HATE the Mercedes dash design and it keeps me from considering any of their cars. Looks like a giant elongated iPhone stuck on the dash with double stick tape.
Old 05-20-2019, 02:42 PM
Never Follows

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Corgiman
I HATE the Mercedes dash design and it keeps me from considering any of their cars. Looks like a giant elongated iPhone stuck on the dash with double stick tape.
So what’s the Q7s screen look like? iPhone 6sPlus glued to the top of the dash. Talk about lazy engineering.

IMO the exterior of the GLE is unappealing. I prefer the GLS.
Old 05-20-2019, 03:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by MonzaAvant
So what’s the Q7s screen look like? iPhone 6sPlus glued to the top of the dash. Talk about lazy engineering.

IMO the exterior of the GLE is unappealing. I prefer the GLS.
I won’t even talk about Mercedes ambiguous styling. The Audi looks like the Starphip Enterprise compared to the MB.
Old 05-20-2019, 03:46 PM
Never Follows

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Corgiman
I won’t even talk about Mercedes ambiguous styling. The Audi looks like the Starphip Enterprise compared to the MB.
Mercedes has chosen to go the opposite direction of most everyone else and it works in some of their models. Audi is stuck with making updates to 2016 styling cues which has angles and sharp lines. Both appeal to me but the current Q7 interior was the reason both my wife and I didn’t buy an Audi last time around. Starship is right where that spaceship dash belongs.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GLE?