Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Google map via android auto in dash

Old 03-22-2019, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MoInEd
Sorry, don't understand what you mean. Do you mean not connect the cell via the USB cable and try to get andriod auto via bluetooth? How ?

M.
With the Apple phone i have as soon as you plug it in apple car play took over everything, you cant use the phone buttons or the virtual cockpit map, you get that stupid compass.
I bought as S10 last week and when i plugged it in to the cord Android auto starts but all the phone features still use blue tooth and i can use the virtual cockpit for goole and use waze on the main screen.
Ask me how but i am not really sure but it does work in the Audi Q7 2017.
There was a setting that said use Bluetooth while connected to Android auto in the android auto settings
Old 03-24-2019, 08:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 99 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by NERO11
With the Apple phone i have as soon as you plug it in apple car play took over everything, you cant use the phone buttons or the virtual cockpit map, you get that stupid compass.
I bought as S10 last week and when i plugged it in to the cord Android auto starts but all the phone features still use blue tooth and i can use the virtual cockpit for goole and use waze on the main screen.
There was a setting that said use Bluetooth while connected to Android auto in the android auto settings
Do you have your phone plugged while using Google map or not?
Old 03-25-2019, 06:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You can definitely have the VC showing its map (Google Earth) and when AA starts (connected via USB) you can show Waze or Google Maps (w/Satellite view as an option)... as soon as you start a navigation session via AA (Google or Waze) you'll get the compass on the VC.. end the navigation session, the map will reappear on the VC...
Old 03-25-2019, 01:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just reading through forums, yes you can add this feature, all you need to do on the android is say allow bluetooth and you will see the map in the console and the waze map, you cannot do this on an apple, picture for all the doubters Plus this way you can use the much better bluetooth phone functions and not the android auto horrible one.
Yes, this is possible, but the VC turns into a compass when you start to Navigate in Google maps. Hope this helps.
Old 03-26-2019, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by SSA6
along with this - how does one get Android Auto from launching every time on one plugs into the USB port? I 've removed the AA app and I still get a question about AA starting every time I start the car. Very annoying. Samsung Galaxy S7
You have to go in connection manager and remove (uncheck) your phone as the Audi smartphone. It will not auto connect Android auto until you go in and reselect it again.