Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Google maps navigation volume won't stick

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2017, 07:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Google maps navigation volume won't stick

For those who use Google Maps in Android Auto, when you change the navigation volume (using e.g. the steering wheel scroll), does it stick? In my case, it always reverts to some fixed volume during the next voice prompt.
Old 11-26-2017, 08:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

That should stick -- are you ensuring that you're changing the nav voice volume while she is speaking? You should see a "toast message" on the MMI screen that says "navigation volume" when you are changing it.

Two other questions:
-- Is the Google Maps navigation directions volume low, or is the volume for the Assistant (which you can get to by hitting the right shoulder button on your controller while in Android Auto) also the same low volume?

-- Have you changed the default setting for nav volume in Google Maps? (you can check this by pulling out the panel in Google Maps when you're not connected to your car on your phone screen, then hitting "Settings" then "Navigation" and then you'll see a setting for "Navigation Volume". You can set this to 3 levels, default is "Normal"). This voice setting only affects the volume in Google Maps driving directions spoken to you, not for other contexts (example, if you ask Google "what's the weather")
Old 11-26-2017, 09:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks scoopman. The volume is usually about right, and I only want to adjust it in certain scenarios, such as when the baby is napping in the car.

Yes, I was changing the nav volume while it was speaking (and the volume did change for that sentence). However the volume goes back to normal for any subsequent voice prompt.

In my Google Maps app, the nav volume is set to "normal", but this should be irrelevant.

Somehow I have the impression that this issue only exists for nav volume, i.e. I was able to change the media volume (and let it stick) when I play AA music. But I'm going to double check this.
Old 11-26-2017, 09:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

I'll confirm that it's sticking for me tomorrow....