AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q7 MKII Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/)
-   -   Got an astronomical lease quote; is this right? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/got-astronomical-lease-quote%3B-right-2966410/)

AudiFanFL 01-31-2019 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by cracker123 (Post 25269603)
Wow that is a lot for a lease on $88K. I mean quite a lot. If you lease the same car back to back you would have paid more than the MSRP. It would have made more sense to finance it and sell it at the end of the 72 months and made some money off the sale.

I knew right from the start that I would only keep it for 3 years. For that scenario (and that scenario alone), that lease still was the best deal.

JT4's advise for having the dealer shop around for other lease-offers is interesting though. I never considered that before because prior to my lease, I always thought you were basically bound to the manufacturer's leasing-bank. fininacing - no doubt you have many options but on a lease, I never played with that idea...

AudiFanFL 01-31-2019 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by RJC 1 (Post 25269632)
To help everyone here a general rule of thumb for an attractive 36 mo lease with inceptions only is 1% of the purchase price before tax.

Man, I can tell you that these deals seem to be harder to get these days - especially on luxury vehicles...

RJC 1 01-31-2019 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by AudiFanFL (Post 25269648)
Man, I can tell you that these deals seem to be harder to get these days - especially on luxury vehicles...

Some marques are better than others at attractive leasing ie BMW and Lexus. Have to wait unitil there's strong factory/trunk money and the leases are nicely subsidized, but Audi leases have always been unattractive b/c the factory generally offers little. When i used to lease Lexus' for my wife the Lexus December to remember was THE best time of year bar none to lease from them.

hayde_bre 01-31-2019 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by JT4 (Post 25269432)
OP - When I was leasing my Q7 over a year ago I found that the residual on a Prestige model was lower than a Prem Plus which of course would make your payment higher.. In addition, I assume your quote is through Audi Financial, if this is the case their rates and programs are horrible (at least they were), they rarely support their leases and their rates are high.

Great reminder. I went with P+ instead of Prestige, but spec'ed my P+ to be as close to the prestige I was considering, and my monthly payment was about $100 less for exact same MSRP Prestige.

peterish111 01-31-2019 03:49 PM

OP here. Went to another dealership and got what I think is a pretty good deal:
$880/month including tax, 42 months, 12k miles, 0 at signing
2019 Q7 P+ 3.0
+driver assistance, +cold weather, +warm weather

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.aud...1c64a8119c.jpg

RJC 1 01-31-2019 06:22 PM

On the surface that appears better especially for a real 0 due at signing. FYI there's great incentives on 19's right now.

hayde_bre 01-31-2019 09:19 PM

12.5% off MSRP. Not bad.

BarryT 02-01-2019 02:57 AM

Buy a CPO. You’d spend the same buying a used one.

JT4 02-01-2019 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by AudiFanFL (Post 25269646)
I knew right from the start that I would only keep it for 3 years. For that scenario (and that scenario alone), that lease still was the best deal.

JT4's advise for having the dealer shop around for other lease-offers is interesting though. I never considered that before because prior to my lease, I always thought you were basically bound to the manufacturer's leasing-bank. fininacing - no doubt you have many options but on a lease, I never played with that idea...

Absolutely try this.. I have been doing this for years on leases, you should treat the process no different than if you're financing. Usually when I am quoted a number one of the first things I ask is "who is this with". IME nine out of ten times the sales person (unless you know him or her well) will tell you it's through the manufacturers financing company.. Then ask them to shop it and they will usually come back to you with two other numbers through a Credit Union, TD Bank, Chase etc..

IME usually the manufacturers have the best rates, only Audi and one time with Acura did I go through a 3rd party lender for a better lease deal.. I've leased three Lexus' in the past and no one could get close to the rates and support that LFS provided.

SarhoshAmiral 02-01-2019 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by peterish111 (Post 25269813)
OP here. Went to another dealership and got what I think is a pretty good deal:
$880/month including tax, 42 months, 12k miles, 0 at signing
2019 Q7 P+ 3.0
+driver assistance, +cold weather, +warm weather

Nice to see there are dealers out there that provide this. My horrible dealer refused to provide these details for leases unless I agreed to terms, I didn't push too hard since lease wasn't going to make sense for me anyway (wanted 4 year ownership) but it was crazy they just wanted you to agree a monthly payment without any details at all (not even the residual amount).