Got an astronomical lease quote; is this right? - Page 3 - AudiWorld Forums

Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi Q3 /Q5 / Q7 / Q8 > Audi Q7 > Q7 MKII Discussion
Reload this Page >

Got an astronomical lease quote; is this right?

Notices
Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Got an astronomical lease quote; is this right?

Old 01-31-2019, 11:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by cracker123 View Post
Wow that is a lot for a lease on $88K. I mean quite a lot. If you lease the same car back to back you would have paid more than the MSRP. It would have made more sense to finance it and sell it at the end of the 72 months and made some money off the sale.
I knew right from the start that I would only keep it for 3 years. For that scenario (and that scenario alone), that lease still was the best deal.

JT4's advise for having the dealer shop around for other lease-offers is interesting though. I never considered that before because prior to my lease, I always thought you were basically bound to the manufacturer's leasing-bank. fininacing - no doubt you have many options but on a lease, I never played with that idea...
Old 01-31-2019, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RJC 1 View Post
To help everyone here a general rule of thumb for an attractive 36 mo lease with inceptions only is 1% of the purchase price before tax.
Man, I can tell you that these deals seem to be harder to get these days - especially on luxury vehicles...
Old 01-31-2019, 12:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by AudiFanFL View Post
Man, I can tell you that these deals seem to be harder to get these days - especially on luxury vehicles...
Some marques are better than others at attractive leasing ie BMW and Lexus. Have to wait unitil there's strong factory/trunk money and the leases are nicely subsidized, but Audi leases have always been unattractive b/c the factory generally offers little. When i used to lease Lexus' for my wife the Lexus December to remember was THE best time of year bar none to lease from them.
Old 01-31-2019, 03:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by JT4 View Post
OP - When I was leasing my Q7 over a year ago I found that the residual on a Prestige model was lower than a Prem Plus which of course would make your payment higher.. In addition, I assume your quote is through Audi Financial, if this is the case their rates and programs are horrible (at least they were), they rarely support their leases and their rates are high.
Great reminder. I went with P+ instead of Prestige, but spec'ed my P+ to be as close to the prestige I was considering, and my monthly payment was about $100 less for exact same MSRP Prestige.
Old 01-31-2019, 04:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

OP here. Went to another dealership and got what I think is a pretty good deal:
$880/month including tax, 42 months, 12k miles, 0 at signing
2019 Q7 P+ 3.0
+driver assistance, +cold weather, +warm weather

Old 01-31-2019, 07:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

On the surface that appears better especially for a real 0 due at signing. FYI there's great incentives on 19's right now.
Old 01-31-2019, 10:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

12.5% off MSRP. Not bad.
Old 02-01-2019, 03:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Buy a CPO. You’d spend the same buying a used one.
Old 02-01-2019, 06:08 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by AudiFanFL View Post
I knew right from the start that I would only keep it for 3 years. For that scenario (and that scenario alone), that lease still was the best deal.

JT4's advise for having the dealer shop around for other lease-offers is interesting though. I never considered that before because prior to my lease, I always thought you were basically bound to the manufacturer's leasing-bank. fininacing - no doubt you have many options but on a lease, I never played with that idea...
Absolutely try this.. I have been doing this for years on leases, you should treat the process no different than if you're financing. Usually when I am quoted a number one of the first things I ask is "who is this with". IME nine out of ten times the sales person (unless you know him or her well) will tell you it's through the manufacturers financing company.. Then ask them to shop it and they will usually come back to you with two other numbers through a Credit Union, TD Bank, Chase etc..

IME usually the manufacturers have the best rates, only Audi and one time with Acura did I go through a 3rd party lender for a better lease deal.. I've leased three Lexus' in the past and no one could get close to the rates and support that LFS provided.
Old 02-01-2019, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by peterish111 View Post
OP here. Went to another dealership and got what I think is a pretty good deal:
$880/month including tax, 42 months, 12k miles, 0 at signing
2019 Q7 P+ 3.0
+driver assistance, +cold weather, +warm weather
Nice to see there are dealers out there that provide this. My horrible dealer refused to provide these details for leases unless I agreed to terms, I didn't push too hard since lease wasn't going to make sense for me anyway (wanted 4 year ownership) but it was crazy they just wanted you to agree a monthly payment without any details at all (not even the residual amount).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Got an astronomical lease quote; is this right?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: