Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Got to love crackheads...

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 07:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Got to love crackheads...

So I’m pulling out of my work parking lot and a homeless crackhead on a bicycle slammed into the side of my car full speed today. Thankfully my building security cam caught it as my dash cam was in the process of rebooting. Door is going to have to be repainted, not sure if the fender is dented yet and the fender trim will need to be replaced. Door, fender panel and trim wrap will all have to be redone. Amazingly only one spot of paint was damaged and the film took the brunt of it.

Guy took off after he realized I had cameras on the car (despite not being active the moment of the accident). Realized that he wasn’t going to get an insurance settlement out of it.

Last edited by PeteDin206; 04-23-2019 at 07:50 PM.
Old 04-24-2019, 04:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

tons of crackheads too here in vancouver, BC,
Old 04-24-2019, 08:42 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sucks, similar thing happened to me on another car, fortunately only the side mirror got scuffed. The biker in that case also didn't stop, acted like he didn't realize what he had done. The problem is probably going to get worse, in downtown Austin we have several competing scooter companies now, people drive those things extremely fast on side walks, roads and alleys like they don't have any sense.
Old 04-24-2019, 09:01 AM
Former Vendor

Received 41 Likes on 17 Posts

We have a large homeless population near our warehouse that park their RVs right in front of our headquarters. They cause multiple accidents a year because they are blocking a lot of visibility in a high traffic area. Last week we had a guy driving by in a 2001 Senna NSX and was hit because a car pulling out was blinded by these motor homes. By the time you've crept out enough to see, you're halfway in the street. Glad you're doing fine and have evidence of the accident. Wish you the best of luck!
Old 04-25-2019, 06:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Well that stinks, I guess the $ you spent on paint protection didn't help in this case? Will insurance pay to fix that as well? (I'm just curious here)
Old 04-25-2019, 06:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Brimstone
Well that stinks, I guess the $ you spent on paint protection didn't help in this case? Will insurance pay to fix that as well? (I'm just curious here)
The PPF actually protected a lot. There would have been much more damage without it. There is 2 spots that the impact was such that nothing would have helped. My insurance has stated they will cover the PPF as well. Thankfully because that is the most expensive part of the fix.
Old 04-25-2019, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Well that's some good news at least.