Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Got our Q7 today

Old 05-11-2019, 06:27 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got our Q7 today

After much deliberation over many different vehicles, we bought our Q7 today. We took some advice from this forum as well. Very helpful on the 2.0 vs 3.0, car seats, also helpful on discounts off of MSRP.

We went with a 3.0T Premium plus, cold weather, warm weather, towing pack, 19 inch wheels. Galaxy blue with pistachio beige. This will be the wife’s car. We like!

Last edited by CaddyWagon; 05-11-2019 at 06:32 PM.
Old 05-11-2019, 06:28 PM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 281 Likes on 201 Posts

Congrats!
Old 05-11-2019, 07:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 61 Likes on 42 Posts

Congrats !
Old 05-12-2019, 03:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 873 Likes on 714 Posts

Congrats. Where are the pics?
Old 05-12-2019, 05:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by CaddyWagon
After much deliberation over many different vehicles, we bought our Q7 today. We took some advice from this forum as well. Very helpful on the 2.0 vs 3.0, car seats, also helpful on discounts off of MSRP.

We went with a 3.0T Premium plus, cold weather, warm weather, towing pack, 19 inch wheels. Galaxy blue with pistachio beige. This will be the wife’s car. We like!
Congrats! There must be more Galaxy Blue available in the Premium Plus. When our dealer did a search a couple weeks ago, we searched for Galaxy Blue Prestige (although it was toward the bottom of our color list) and they were very thin on the ground, none at all with our options at that time. Fortunately for us, we did find a Navarro Blue (our #1 color choice) that was nearly exactly what we wanted that was in the build queue - being built as we speak.

I did see a Galaxy Blue custom order Q7 that was being prepped for delivery. Very distinctive color but if a bit too teal for us - but that is just preference.

Last edited by Astropup; 05-12-2019 at 10:43 AM.
Old 05-12-2019, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by KevinGary
Congrats. Where are the pics?

Thanks!
Old 05-12-2019, 06:04 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Astropup
Congrats! I have to ask where you found a Galaxy Blue? Or is is being built? When our dealer did a search a couple weeks ago, we searched for Galaxy Blue (although it was toward the bottom of our color list) and they were very thin on the ground, none at all in the prestige with our options at that time. Fortunately for us, we did find a Navarro Blue (our #1 color choice) that was nearly exactly what we wanted that was in the build queue - being built as we speak.

I did see a Galaxy Blue custom order Q7 that was being prepped for delivery. Very distinctive color but if a bit too teal for us - but that is just preference.
It was at Continental in Naperville, IL. They have another with the same options but Rock Gray interior. It was a three hour trip for us from Michigan but our local dealer wouldn’t deal at all. I have to say, we were completely unimpressed with Continental’s customer service.

I like Navarra too. We thought it would match too closely with my Silverado. 😀
Old 05-12-2019, 08:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 74 Likes on 68 Posts

Congrats! Great color choice and well-matched to the interior. More tire options at 19" as well. As a fellow Pistachio interior owner with kids, strongly recommend you get
seat covers seat covers
for your car seats as well as
kickmats kickmats
- toddlers have a way with light interiors that spells doom for the latter
Old 05-12-2019, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dohturdima
Congrats! Great color choice and well-matched to the interior. More tire options at 19" as well. As a fellow Pistachio interior owner with kids, strongly recommend you get seat covers for your car seats as well as kickmats - toddlers have a way with light interiors that spells doom for the latter
Oh yeah, thanks for the links. Noticed our dark jeans are rubbing off on the seats too. Any products to remove that?
Old 05-12-2019, 10:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by CaddyWagon
It was at Continental in Naperville, IL. They have another with the same options but Rock Gray interior. It was a three hour trip for us from Michigan but our local dealer wouldn’t deal at all. I have to say, we were completely unimpressed with Continental’s customer service.

I like Navarra too. We thought it would match too closely with my Silverado. 😀
I hear you. One of our other choices was the dark metallic gray and that was too close to my 2017 Honda Ridgeline's color. So went with the Navarro and the Cedar Brown seats (one of the options with that trim). It also had the black optic which I originally did not plan to get but I decided that it looked nice with that color. I do almost wish it had the smaller tires, though. As another poster said, they are easier (and cheaper) to get, but the BO package came with the 20 inch.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Got our Q7 today