Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Got our Q7 today

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2019, 06:19 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Astropup
We also looked at the Subaru Ascent. Impressive for the price and very highly rated and even though I have been a Honda guy for the past 10 years (until we ordered the Q7), I would have that as my second choice behind the Q7 despite the Pilot being similar to my Ridgeline (which I am keeping). Audi, is of course, in a different category in terms of luxury.

I love that neither of us looked at the Lexus - has the ugliest damn grill even created by man. Makes me nauseous just to look at it!
I looked at the Ascent...they sell Subarus at the Porsche/Audi dealer in GR. They look solid, but my wife wasn't wowed by the styling.

Lexus styling is so bad! Can't figure out what they are thinking. In addition, Toyota and Honda both seem to like making SUVs with short wheelbases. Both the Pilot and the Lexus RX have shorter wheelbases than the Equinox. That means a lot of overhang and generally, ungainly proportions. The Toyota Highlander was on the list, but then I read that it's getting a total redesign in 2020. Chevy Traverse/Buick Enclave almost fit the bill but are just too big for us. We don't NEED that third row, so it doesn't need to be comfy.

I put a few miles on the Q7 today and I'm just more and more impressed. No regrets!
Old 05-18-2019, 06:23 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by audisession
Almost identical to our selection experience
we did include the x5 - we liked it but the third row was smaller than the q7 and a x7 was not going to fit in our garage. I know a lot of people like the xc90 but it was such a boring car - wife said “I’d be happy to drive the Volvo but I’d be excited to drive the q7”
Not sure why we left the X5 off our list other than me being fearful of maintenance and problems. I don't love BMW's recent styling direction either.

This also helped push us to test drive the Q7.
https://www.caranddriver.com/audi/q7
Old 05-18-2019, 06:25 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Q7 ME
Congrats on the purchase, I hope to be picking one up soon.

I have driven the Rx, gx, mdx, QX60 limited and the Toyota Highlander.

The Q7 blows all of those away in terms of ride quality, comfort and tech. The only downside I see is on maintenance, but hopefully won’t be too bad.
I agree...I am a bit worried about the Q being high maintenance. After 350 miles, it hasn't cost us a dime
Old 05-19-2019, 02:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 873 Likes on 714 Posts

Originally Posted by CaddyWagon
I agree...I am a bit worried about the Q being high maintenance. After 350 miles, it hasn't cost us a dime
Don’t jinx it.
Old 05-25-2019, 11:36 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Traded up to 3.0. This is the custom order you saw.✌🏽

Originally Posted by Astropup
Congrats! There must be more Galaxy Blue available in the Premium Plus. When our dealer did a search a couple weeks ago, we searched for Galaxy Blue Prestige (although it was toward the bottom of our color list) and they were very thin on the ground, none at all with our options at that time. Fortunately for us, we did find a Navarro Blue (our #1 color choice) that was nearly exactly what we wanted that was in the build queue - being built as we speak.

I did see a Galaxy Blue custom order Q7 that was being prepped for delivery. Very distinctive color but if a bit too teal for us - but that is just preference.

Thet was my custom galaxy blue 2019. I had a 2018 2.0 and had to get the 3.0 prestige basically

fully loaded.
Old 05-25-2019, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Jonathan Fox
Thet was my custom galaxy blue 2019. I had a 2018 2.0 and had to get the 3.0 prestige basically

fully loaded.
Very nice. Congrats!