Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Has anybody updated/replaced the sub on the Bang & Olufsen system ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 02:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, I'll add more to my comment about bass heads. I never meet a single one that showed any consideration for anyone else. Crank the radio to MAX and disturb everyone's peace. I'll say that the OP may be an exception to the norm, but since the B&O system is already so powerful and loud, I'll let you draw your own conclusions.
Old 09-12-2017, 02:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

I have never known a forum (Audi) that has so many posts regarding changing the audio systems. The Bose is an upgrade and I admit that it is not that great, the B&O should be very impressive for the money but still there are numerous complaints about it. I am referring to numerous Audi models where people want to upgrade it. If I had the B&O for that money then I would want more than great audio from the option.
Old 09-12-2017, 05:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 85 Likes on 51 Posts

I consider myself an audiophile as I can hear differences in the sound from different components. In a well built system the bass should be clean, powerful and not overwhelming. The amount of bass needs to match what is in the recording.

What I've found is that the following settings improves the overall sound and brings up the bass to where it should be when listening to high quality sources like uncompressed FLAC files:

Sound Effects: (See attached photo)

Focus: Front
Surround level: Off
3D effect: Low

Balance/Fader: (See attached photo)

Balance: To rear with the line just above back seats

Bass/Treble/Subwoofer all set to the middle default position. No need to boost or reduce anything!

With these setting I've found the B&O to deliver sound worthy of the price. The soundstage, imaging and bass are now similar to what I where when listening to my Campfire Audio Vega In Ear Monitors thru The Bit OPUS #2 High Resolution Digital Audio player. If you are unfamiliar with the Campfire Audio Vega, it's a basshead's dream. It produces smooth deep bass that you can feel which makes no sense. But if you heard them, you would know what I mean.
Attached Thumbnails Has anybody updated/replaced the sub on the Bang & Olufsen system ?-img_0547.jpg   Has anybody updated/replaced the sub on the Bang & Olufsen system ?-img_0546.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
godofko (07-14-2023)
Old 09-12-2017, 08:10 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

....drops mic.....
Old 09-13-2017, 04:55 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AUDI1880
OK, I'll add more to my comment about bass heads. I never meet a single one that showed any consideration for anyone else. Crank the radio to MAX and disturb everyone's peace. I'll say that the OP may be an exception to the norm, but since the B&O system is already so powerful and loud, I'll let you draw your own conclusions.
I am looking for DEEP bass reproduction, for me there is life below 40HZ. Deep does not equal loud.
Old 09-13-2017, 04:56 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lookout57
I consider myself an audiophile as I can hear differences in the sound from different components. In a well built system the bass should be clean, powerful and not overwhelming. The amount of bass needs to match what is in the recording.

What I've found is that the following settings improves the overall sound and brings up the bass to where it should be when listening to high quality sources like uncompressed FLAC files:

Sound Effects: (See attached photo)

Focus: Front
Surround level: Off
3D effect: Low

Balance/Fader: (See attached photo)

Balance: To rear with the line just above back seats

Bass/Treble/Subwoofer all set to the middle default position. No need to boost or reduce anything!

With these setting I've found the B&O to deliver sound worthy of the price. The soundstage, imaging and bass are now similar to what I where when listening to my Campfire Audio Vega In Ear Monitors thru The Bit OPUS #2 High Resolution Digital Audio player. If you are unfamiliar with the Campfire Audio Vega, it's a basshead's dream. It produces smooth deep bass that you can feel which makes no sense. But if you heard them, you would know what I mean.
Thanks, will give it a try.
Old 09-15-2017, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

I was also disappointed in the B&O until I turned off the 3D effect. For some reason, the 3D effect drowns out the deep bass.
Old 11-07-2019, 03:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I’ve been fairly unhappy with the sub when playing electronic music recoded live. Until I found a set by Rebūke Live from Terminus Stage. It sounds INCREDIBLE!!! But I think I may try and drop in a better speaker into my trunk anyway.

I’ll tell you what. I’m really starting to think it’s the recording quality. Some stuff is full of great sound and some is awful.