Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Has anyone had success activating AudiConnect?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2016, 04:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone had success activating AudiConnect?

Still not working for me. It keeps saying that my dealer has to verify my identify, which my dealer says "we've done that".

Any tips?
Old 02-07-2016, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I have the exact same problem on the Q7 I purchased yesterday. If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by powersb; 02-09-2016 at 11:18 AM.
Old 02-07-2016, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Nope. My dealer told me that they have not received a special code from Audi that allows its customers to activate the Audi Connect for the app.
Old 02-07-2016, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by aquarian
Nope. My dealer told me that they have not received a special code from Audi that allows its customers to activate the Audi Connect for the app.
I have it. It took my dealer a week to get it working. I was in the same position that you guys are in with the dealer message.
Old 02-07-2016, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Nothing on my end either.
Old 02-07-2016, 10:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Baltfan.....any tips you can share? What did the dealer have to do?
Old 02-07-2016, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by AudiByNature
Baltfan.....any tips you can share? What did the dealer have to do?
Best I can say is to tell them to call Audi Tysons Corner in Virginia to find out what they did.
Old 02-08-2016, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Dealer worked on this today and Audi tells them it is working except it isn't! Extremely frustrating to get the please wait endlessly on the MMI screen and all the messages on the application that the action isn't authorized. I am taking it in to the dealership on Wednesday but not very hopeful. Audi needs to get on this issue and get it fixed or they will loose good customers.

Last edited by powersb; 02-09-2016 at 11:24 AM.
Old 02-08-2016, 02:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by powersb
Dealer allegedly worked on this today and Audi tells them it is working except it isn't! Extremely frustrating to get the please wait endlessly on the MMI screen and all the messages on the application that the action isn't authorized. I am taking it in to the dealership on Wednesday but not very hopeful. Audi needs to get on this issue and get it fixed or they will loose good customers.
I too am going into the dealer Wednesday with mine. I got as far as the Key User Agreement but have to go in for "the key", whatever that is. Why I can't get it over the phone is mystifying.

My sales rep told me they have successfully activated several but since the process is apparently somewhat complicated (and there doesn't seem to be a step-by-step cheat sheet to use), we will stumble through it.

I spoke to Audi Customer Care today and told them they are pissing off a lot of good customers with their lack of response to help people out. They were supposed to call me last Saturday - never got the call. They were supposed to call me back today - never got the call. No way to run a business.

If I am successful Wednesday, I will try to copy the steps down and will post them.
Old 02-08-2016, 03:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

The "key" is a 10 digit code that comes with the car. It's encased in a plastic strip that looks almost like a luggage tag...but in strip form.

My dealer gave mine to me because I live over 2 hours away from them. I have not had an opportunity to sit in the car and figure this out yet.

Quick Reply: Has anyone had success activating AudiConnect?