Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

2017 Q7 Rear windshield replacement

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2018, 09:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 Q7 Rear windshield replacement

Hi all,
My parents 2017 Q7 went in for an issue with the alarm system. The alarm on the car will go off for no reason amd it is currently at the dealership getting fixed. After running several test the rear windshield was the issue and had to be replaced. When the technician removed the rear windshield apparently and looking at the new windshield, there is suppose to be two wires which plug into the windshield. The car currently has one wire and the other one is missing.

I was wondering if anyone encountered this issue? The only thing that was ever done in the past was the installation of the rear dashcam. The installtlation would never touch the windshield wires.
Old 10-11-2018, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 101 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Rkenshin
Hi all,
My parents 2017 Q7 went in for an issue with the alarm system. The alarm on the car will go off for no reason amd it is currently at the dealership getting fixed. After running several test the rear windshield was the issue and had to be replaced. When the technician removed the rear windshield apparently and looking at the new windshield, there is suppose to be two wires which plug into the windshield. The car currently has one wire and the other one is missing.

I was wondering if anyone encountered this issue? The only thing that was ever done in the past was the installation of the rear dashcam. The installtlation would never touch the windshield wires.
Hmm. Not sure what the alarm issue had with rear glass (on the hatch I'm assuming). And the wires you are referring to are for rear defroster, correct? If so, yes, there should be two wires, but I still fail to see a connection here ......
Old 10-11-2018, 05:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so you are correct. Apparently the rear windshield has an alarm sensor which went bad. There should be two wires on top and one wire on the bottom of the windshield. According to the dealership, the top should have two wires which is 1 for the antenna and another for the alarm. The bottom one should be for the defroster. They indicated there is a wire missing from the top which is weird. According to the parts diagram, the windshield should only have two connections, which is one connection at the top and one for the defroster. The physical windshield replacement has 3 wires which is weird. The dealership is going to call Audi and ask them about how to install since it seems to be missing a wire.