Help! Has anyone experienced this noise? - AudiWorld Forums

Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi Q3 /Q5 / Q7 / Q8 > Audi Q7 > Q7 MKII Discussion
Reload this Page >

Help! Has anyone experienced this noise?

Notices
Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Help! Has anyone experienced this noise?

Old 09-22-2017, 06:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Help! Has anyone experienced this noise?

Hi all,

I know that there have been multiple threads open about noise coming from the back seats, but none of them have the same sound as mine. The sound coming from my car is more like a chirp or cricket.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-...ght=dash+noise

Has anyone experienced the noise that is in the video below? I get it on occasion and can't locate except that its coming from the middle row. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 09-22-2017, 08:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

This is the video I posted of the sound that our Q7 was making since delivery day. At 5,000 miles it went away. Not sure what it was.
Old 09-22-2017, 08:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Mjship2001 View Post
This is the video I posted of the sound that our Q7 was making since delivery day. At 5,000 miles it went away. Not sure what it was.
Thanks for posting the video- it was quite helpful. The audio I took didn't come through as clearly as it did in your video. I have the opposite, started occurring at 5k. So I take it you never took it to have it inspected. I hope someone else on here can provide some insight.
Old 10-07-2018, 05:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by UKAudi2408 View Post
Hi all,

I know that there have been multiple threads open about noise coming from the back seats, but none of them have the same sound as mine. The sound coming from my car is more like a chirp or cricket.

Has anyone experienced the noise that is in the video below? I get it on occasion and can't locate except that its coming from the middle row. Any help is greatly appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4GcmFlBnPM
Were you able to find a solution to this issue? I picked my Q7 up last week and noticed this almost immediately. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 10-08-2018, 06:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Is it not the noise from pillar vents?
Old 10-08-2018, 05:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by ConservativeConsumer View Post
Is that what's causing the clicking noise coming from the rear seat/hatch area? I think it my cargo cover when it's in the opened position.
Old 10-11-2018, 04:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I had to drive it for a few more days to try to listen. I don't think it is, this seems to be coming from further back in the car. It sounds from the drivers seat like it is coming from the 2nd row passenger area (not the seat, but maybe the sun shade, or the retracted cargo cover, or perhaps the seat belt for that seat). But the noise is exactly the same as what the OP experienced. I describe it as the sound of a spring bouncing, but someone else who has been in the car described it as keys shaking.
Old 10-11-2018, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RJC 1 View Post
Is that what's causing the clicking noise coming from the rear seat/hatch area? I think it my cargo cover when it's in the opened position.
Well, my hearing must be not perfect, but in this clip of yours - I could not hear clicking noise, but rather humming/blowing noise. That's why I asked. As far as clicking noise from the back - I had the cargo area cover clicking a bit over bumps. That is easily fixed adding a couple of soft cushions on each end of the inside of cargo cover "stick" with self-adhesive foam insulation such as this: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Frost-Ki...-100047977-_-N.
Old 10-11-2018, 10:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Well, my hearing must be not perfect, but in this clip of yours - I could not hear clicking noise, but rather humming/blowing noise. That's why I asked. As far as clicking noise from the back - I had the cargo area cover clicking a bit over bumps. That is easily fixed adding a couple of soft cushions on each end of the inside of cargo cover "stick" with self-adhesive foam insulation such as this: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Frost-Ki...-100047977-_-N.
The clip wasn't mine and it was hard to discern much. The info you provided re the cargo cover might be the culprit...thanks.

Old 10-12-2018, 04:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by bigpimpinthed View Post
I had to drive it for a few more days to try to listen. I don't think it is, this seems to be coming from further back in the car. It sounds from the drivers seat like it is coming from the 2nd row passenger area (not the seat, but maybe the sun shade, or the retracted cargo cover, or perhaps the seat belt for that seat). But the noise is exactly the same as what the OP experienced. I describe it as the sound of a spring bouncing, but someone else who has been in the car described it as keys shaking.
It appears to be the 2nd row cup holders. I put the arm rest down and opened the cup holder section and the noise was completely gone immediately. I took a 10 mile drive into work this morning and did not hear it once. I only found one other thread that referenced a cup holder noise but no one responded if they had found a solution. Has anyone had this same problem and if so, were you able to get it fixed?

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: