Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

How long did it take your new ride from port to delivery?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 07:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default How long did it take your new ride from port to delivery?

Hey all,

After a looong wait, the ship carrying our 2019 Q7 finally arrived at the port (Houston). I'm curious to know how long did it take you guys to receive yours? It may be helpful if you could specify how far away your dealer is from the port and if you have any port-installed option. I'm in N Texas which is about 300 miles away from the port and there's 1 option to install. Not too bad. Is it realistic to I think I should have it within the a week? Finger crossed!
Old 12-12-2018, 08:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

My 2018 was delayed in port for over three weeks... was supposed to be delivered (to the dealer) on June 16th... arrived July 9th... Not sure how long it sat in port before the scheduled delivery date... The only port installed option was the towing package... I'm in Kansas City...
Old 12-12-2018, 08:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mattwhit
My 2018 was delayed in port for over three weeks... was supposed to be delivered (to the dealer) on June 16th... arrived July 9th... Not sure how long it sat in port before the scheduled delivery date... The only port installed option was the towing package... I'm in Kansas City...
Are you sure it's 3 weeks in port or it's in route? That's pretty bad delay if it's port.

That concerns me. I must have the car by Christmas. I ordered early to gave it a month of leeway. Still, Audi managed to beat it on every step...
Old 12-12-2018, 09:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

It was stuck in port... The dealer kept escalating and there was no response from AoA... they put me in a loaner Q5 after it was a week late... I don't think they wanted to sour the sale... Called me up out of the blue... said it arrived and asked if I wanted to take delivery that afternoon... I took the loaner in, exchanged keys and signed a couple of documents... super easy transaction! Best new car buying experience I've ever had...
Old 12-12-2018, 09:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mattwhit
It was stuck in port... The dealer kept escalating and there was no response from AoA... they put me in a loaner Q5 after it was a week late... I don't think they wanted to sour the sale... Called me up out of the blue... said it arrived and asked if I wanted to take delivery that afternoon... I took the loaner in, exchanged keys and signed a couple of documents... super easy transaction! Best new car buying experience I've ever had...
Nice at least you they gave you a loner. I was so convinced by my dealer that it will be delivered by end of November so I decided to sold my old car in the summer. I need to ask for a loaner next week!
Old 12-12-2018, 09:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Same scenario... I had sold the car that the Q was replacing... Good luck!
Old 12-13-2018, 06:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I think about a week is typical, the worse cases are when the new model years come out they all seem to get held up at port so dealers can unload the prior year, but I also think this depends heavily on where your port is and where you are.

I think that typically its at the port 2-3 days and the dealer for about a day for prepwork. The rest is travel time
Old 12-13-2018, 12:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 74 Likes on 68 Posts

About two weeks for me.
Old 12-13-2018, 06:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Two weeks for me as well - arrived at Davisville on 8/31, at the dealer on 9/14.
Old 12-13-2018, 07:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by HGSB
Two weeks for me as well - arrived at Davisville on 8/31, at the dealer on 9/14.
Thanks. Do you know how long did it take to "release to carrier"? Both AoA and my dealer said 2-3 days at the port. That makes me wonder if the carrier was the step holding you up for those 2 weeks.

Quick Reply: How long did it take your new ride from port to delivery?